TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tires/brakes on my '91 are, to the best of my knowledge ,original and were ready to replaced when I bought her a few years ago but I have managed to keep them going for awhile longer. Finally had a rear flat a few months ago so I want to change out rear brakes, tube and tire. I read long ago that they no longer make the original rear tire for my year but have a newer equivalent.

Times are tough but I lucked out and found I will be getting a Christmas bonus this Friday and I am tired of having the TW down so ready to buy. Who is a good/cheap tire vendor that sells the equivalent rear tire?

Funny story but I have 4 bikes in my garage. One is a Honda helix that is like new but need to sell. Nobody ever wants to buy it but they are always willing to by the TW. Had people see it in the rear of the garage and ask if I will sell it. Could have sold it several times over, too bad it is not the one I want to sell!

Thanks,

Fletch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Or if you do much off-road riding what about one of those very cool Maxxis Bighorn UTV tires? Or maybe some other UTV tire? I've got a TW200 wheel in my shop right now with a 14 inch light truck snow tire on it (I wouldn't recommend that one, but it was a lot cheaper than most of the bike tires--it's really heavy, though, and the square cross section makes turns much more exciting).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Screwed up my reply so let me try again:

It looks like I need the TW34 as that is close to OEM. What about the tube? As far as I know it is original so shouldn't I replace it? What size tube do I need and any brand recommendations?

I liked the OEM tire as even as a semi knobby , it lasted a long time, even better than the brand new dunlops that came with my street bike (Ninja)

One of the links is from Motorcycle super store...are they ok to deal with?

Thanks guys...

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Tube size is 180/80-14, same as the tire.

I don't think Cheng Shin ever actually made their tire for the rear of a TW. Their front is a clone of the TW32.

The only knobby we have in the U. S. of A. is the OEM TW34 as far as I know. The Shinko is pretty much a clone of the TW204.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tube size is 180/80-14, same as the tire.

I don't think Cheng Shin ever actually made their tire for the rear of a TW. Their front is a clone of the TW32.

The only knobby we have in the U. S. of A. is the OEM TW34 as far as I know. The Shinko is pretty much a clone of the TW204.

Thank you. Tire and tube now on the way....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tire/tube came very fast and already at buddy's shop to be changed. Note for those of you with older TW's:

I would have already had tire changed yesterday but I noticed that virtually all spokes were loose. He is going to fix that as well. Never noticed any problems at all but figured I would throw that in for those of you with older bikes.

Merry Christmas and thank all you guys for the advice!

Thank you. Tire and tube now on the way....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts