TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode the Red Canyon trail today, about 70 out, some wind gusts at the top, but otherwise a perfect day. Saw no one on the trail. Staged at the Chiriaco Summit, and then crossed back over the 10 and about a mile west to the trailhead. The trail cuts through the Orocopia Mountains Wilderness, alternating between sand, crushed rock, and dirt, then goes through a wash, before heading up into the mountains overlooking Red Canyon. Finally, it works its way down to the Bradshaw Trail. There are some smaller whoops in the lower sections and a few hill climbs in the second half of the trail. This is the first ride since upgrading my suspension (progressive fork springs and a Pro Cycle white spring in the rear) and the bike handles much better, especially in the whoops.

Phil

Here are some pics, with a few more to follow.

Feb 12-1.jpg Feb 12-11.jpg Feb 12-12.jpg Feb 12-10.jpg Feb 12-6.jpg

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Beautiful day...looks like a great ride!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It looks like it.

Screenshot_2017-02-13-08-00-50.png

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Here's where the Red Canyon trail runs into the Bradshaw.

Deep sand and smoke trees

View attachment 79289

Excellent! For those of us hold up for winter it's so great to see ride reports from those members who can get out and ride. This looks like so much fun...and WARM! :p

Reminds me of a wash that I've ridden in here in Idaho. Awesomeness!

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Excellent! For those of us hold up for winter it's so great to see ride reports from those members who can get out and ride.
I second that motion! It's cold wet and ugly here... uggg. These posts make my day.. Keepm' commin'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts