TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I described the transformation of my first TW200 in the old forum, and it's all on these Web pages.

It was a 1996 blue TW with front drum brake, and after a complete rebuild this was its latest incarnation:

Since I got another TW to devote to off-road riding, I decided to fit this one with all the gadgets that can make it more comfortable for traveling and long-range street riding.

Last week I got my Jimbo shield - yay! now I really feel I'm part of this forum! - and today I got my handguards.

I was going for off-road handguards with aluminum bars, but then I saw Acerbis had this new "dual road" model.

The price was €90 (ouch!) but I found them on eBay for €66, couldn't let them go.

They are not very big, so I'm not sure whether they will keep the wind off effectively, but I like the look!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Different twins...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really elegant! Good colours. Interesting exhausts? I don't know the make.

Both are titanium exhausts, one is an Akrapovic and the other is made by a small Italian manufacturer, xracing.it. I just couldn't stand the stock exhaust

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The latest and probably the last addition... a Cycleracks rear rack. Love it! The bag supports stick out a bit too much, I'll have to try and bend them a bit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The latest and probably the last addition... a Cycleracks rear rack. Love it! The bag supports stick out a bit too much, I'll have to try and bend them a bit.

Sinophilia,

Will the top case still fit on the new rack? if not it would still work on the other bike when needed. The side racks look like you can use hard side cases [metal or plastic], looks good. I have the same problem with my Vstrom ,if I use the 36L Givi side cases it makes things a little wider,but very useful. I also have a set of 21L Givis that I run most of the time. They are narrower and give a slimmer profile and hold enough for most rides. I think most bikes with side bags have a little wider profile, just the nature of the beast. When on longer trips I still use the larger side bags and top case,if it doesn't fit in those three bags, I don't need it. Your bikes are looking great, and yes we all spend a lot on the bikes but its very satisfying, looking forward to your trip reports and seeing how the new accessories work for you this year [in warmer weather of course] its snow covered here and more on the way in the next few days.I must admit I'm getting very anxious to ride. 250

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks 250cc, I look forward to bike trips too, too much time spent in the garage and buying stuff online!

I'm planning a series of "photographic hunts" looking for wild plants, I think the rear rack will be great for tying my tripod etc.

As for the bag supports, the problem is that they are not perpendicular to the ground so they make the bags even wider than they would be. I have soft bags right now but I think these supports could be used with hard cases too, provided they are not too heavy. I like the fact that I can take them off in a second when I don't need them. Brilliant!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Sinophilia hasn't signed for quite some time now. I kinda miss her posts. She did nice work.

You might try posting the question in the "customization" thingy to see if anyone else has experience with fitting those guards.

·
Registered
736 Posts
any of the new-ish bikes with a high exhaust on one side makes the bag stick out. BMW, Ducati, Suzuki, etc. the only way you can use a soft bag and not have it burn up on the pipe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts