TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some of you might find this article interesting (disclaimer: there is an obvious liberal bias in this article).

Denmark, a social welfare utopia, takes a nasty turn on refugees

Being half Danish (my father came to the states in his early 20's), I find this situation particularly interesting. I know that some are happy to take a hard-line stance on this issue. For me it is not so clear. As with many issues, I believe the best position is somewhere in the middle. Don't spend all your money on a big wall or put them in concentration camps...don't turn over and give everything you own to them and shut down your country, thereby rendering help impossible anyway...somewhere between the extremes :)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Seriously? I always heard Denmark is very progressively liberal and better off for it. Sounds like a lot has changed.

Wow....So Syrians aren't welcome in Denmark so someone helps them to get where they are welcome and they get fined? That's ridiculous! I'm sure she'll have plenty of help fighting and/or paying this fine.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Seriously? I always heard Denmark is very progressively liberal and better off for it. Sounds like a lot has changed.

Wow....So Syrians aren't welcome in Denmark so someone helps them to get where they are welcome and they get fined? That's ridiculous! I'm sure she'll have plenty of help fighting and/or paying this fine.
Refugees cost money which at some point runs dry/low. Compassion may be endless but the means to deliver assistance is not.

Tom

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Refugees cost money which at some point runs dry/low. Compassion may be endless but the means to deliver assistance is not.

Tom
Well of course refugee burden has it's limits but the fact that this woman has a human trafficking fine she can't pay will likely get legal or financial aid.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Well of course refugee burden has it's limits but the fact that this woman has a human trafficking fine she can't pay will likely get legal or financial aid.
This is a new concept for me so be patient please. Are you saying that laws have no merit and should only be selectively punishable? What happened to our society? No laws, no borders and no common sense anymore.

Tom

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I look at the photograph that is at the top of the article and see maybe 10 women in that crowd. The rest are overwhelmingly males between the ages of 18 and 40. You can see the attitudes of these Syrians; women an children first, fuck that. It is a fact that ISIS is infiltrating and sending their poison embedded in this mass exodus and there is yet no controlled screening of these refugees. And why isn't Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq etc. taking any in? Is it just coincidence that we hear of the mass exodus to countries with healthy (for the non working) welfare systems?

War is hell and I feel for the displaced refugees and would like to give them a hand if they really deserve and I'm sure a lot do but I can't get over every time I see the refugees in mass it's overwhelmingly males between the ages of 18 and 40. And if any come to this country they have to vow to leave their failed cultural system at home and become American, no Sharia law and the horrors that come with it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The time and money could be best spent helping them where they are. Aid ? Sure, send them aid, assist them by sending help, supplies, food, water, etc. Allow them the dignity of helping them selves and their families in their homeland, everybody wins.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Watching a program right now on TV that says 19 million people a year are forced to flee their countries and risk their lives as they try to escape persecution, conflict and war. :eek:

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Watching a program right now on TV that says 19 million people a year are forced to flee their countries and risk their lives as they try to escape persecution, conflict and war. :eek:
Probably true LT. Now imagine if only half that number decided to stay and fight! That would be a force MORE than three times larger than China's military..... Just saying.

Tom

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
My Brother-in-Law is a Dane...he has lived in the US and US Virgin Islands for 30+ years, and most of his family is from Denmark...He's a good guy, and a world class chef, who ran the Kitchen and staff in the Danish Embassy for several years, before venturing out on his own. Although he agrees with me, the Fu*king Danes have sold their collective souls to the Devil. That being a group of people who worship a Child Molesting Pedophile name Mo~Hammered and his Gawd, a fake Piece of Dung named Allah...Denmark, like most of Europe is toast...Cana~duh is close behind and we are next...

Bottom Line: If you stand in the Middle of the Road, your ass is going to get run over.... There is NO middle ground when it comes to the Islamic Bastards trying to destroy the world....exterminate them{ISIS and the Radical Element} like the rodents they are....

Just one man's opinion....and the only one that counts, in my eyes...

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Hoot Gibson was an American astronaut. A national treasure! I can't believe he is posting on our little forum. Lends some credence to the rumor that the TW was originally designed for use on the moons surface. Sweet!

Tom

PS.
I have it on good authority the death wing was originally designed for navigating lunar rocks. Explains a lot doesn't it?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm with Hoot when the crap hits the fan.

Im stocked and locked Hoot, come see us when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Probably true LT. Now imagine if only half that number decided to stay and fight! That would be a force MORE than three times larger than China's military..... Just saying.

Tom
Well, they're probably not all in the same country. Most countries don't have a Second Amendment like the US and instead have draconian gun laws so even if they had the will, there is no way. Syria for instance; you have factions like the US arming and trying to help the rebels, yet the arms fall into ISIS's hands and then the Russians come in to prop up Assad. There used to be Christians in Syria too. Under Ole Man Assad it was tolerant and somewhat civilized yet provocative towards it's neighbors and always aligned with Russia.

I have compassion for those that have a clean heart and just want to lead a normal life and raise a family. But from all the news footage I've seen and the reports of ISIS embedding their poison into it, being born out by the attacks in Paris and Belgium, and then with other counties, their own neighbors with similar cultures not even accepting these refugees, I'm not sure what the answer is but I don't think I want them coming here.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I think I heard somewhere where a rather small group of patriotic people had a big revolution back around the 1700s. They were not particularly well armed or very well organized but they had the will to make their country a place to call home. Many fought and died but in the end their resistance paid off.

It is actually quite easy to cut and run when in this world there are places to run to. We had no such alternative back in our revolution. My attitude is very simple but in this day and age is Politically Incorrect, or so they want us to believe. Pull on your big boy pants and stand and fight for the country you are in. Instead these Punks leave their woman behind and run to other countries they have no intention to have any degree of allegiance to. They hope to bring with them the religion and customs of their own shit hole country so they can start a new destroying the places that accepted them with open arms. Dogs that bite the hands that feed them deserve nothing but a case of lead poisoning!

In Sweden the people have had it and are burning to the ground all of the places set up to house these refugees. I strongly agree and suggest that Denmark and all of the EU countries start following their lead. This experiment has gone completely off the tracks and we are living in a world where it is a proven fact that you can't help those who refuse to help themselves! If they don't like where they live then change it so it becomes a place worth liking. Toss out that POS book that better than half of them can't even read and teach your children what the meaning of love is rather than the hatred espoused in it. If they want sympathy from me they can find it in a dictionary somewhere between Shit and Syphilis but first they have to get an education so they can read.

Thank you all for allowing me my daily rant! Too bad if you disagree because "Frankly Charlotte, I don't give a damn".

I return you now to your regularly scheduled program so why not discuss something not quite as derisive like politics here in the good old USA.

GaryL

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
It is understandable that with the pervasive raping of european women and public demonstrations by the male refugees of "We will take over your country, your children will be born Muslim!" that sympathy is drying up.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

·
Registered
928 Posts
Interesting article.

Let's be real, though. Charging a 70 year old woman with a severe criminal offense for acting out of compassion is ridiculous - it take a black and white draconian stance on an act that would be applauded by anyone with common sense. We all know the difference between human smuggling and a grandma helping a foreign family that's desperately tired, hungry and in need of a safe place.

The issues here aren't Black & White, Good vs Evil. There is no easy answer.

Among these refugees there are an overwhelming number of honest people in desperate need of basic food and shelter, hoping to escape the horrors that have been destroying their homes from several different shifting factions. They don't know who to trust and no one from their own culture is helping. If you've seen anything about what's going on in that area, you've seen the bombed out husks of the cities. If you have shred of common sense you'll understand these families have reached the point where it is impossible to eek out a living without existing in a constant, heightened state of fear of being killed at any minute. No human being can live in that kind of daily fear and remain sane. Not everyone is a soldier. Not everyone can take another person's life - even at the threat of losing their own. Environments like this certainly aren't a place to raise a child. These folks aren't out to take advantage of anyone. They're honestly terrified, just trying to find a place that will let them live in peace.

ALSO among these refugees are terrorist cells. These men are dedicated to spreading the very terror, hate, and intolerance the refugees hope to escape. Just like ISIS is doing in the cities it occupies, these bastards are using the refugees as human shields. They hope governments will provide the staging grounds where they can infiltrate local communities and plan further attacks. If they can brainwash local disaffected youths into joining them, then all the better. This threat is very real and very difficult to manage.

So what do we do?

Those of us who can sit comfortably in our homes can espouse black and white solutions all we want. Easy knee jerk reactions of Kill them all and let God sort them out! Put them in concentration camps and let them fend for themselves! Build walls! are just as easy to spout as Open the borders! Let them all in! Offer aide and government housing!

It's easy to just say, "It's simple!" But the truth is far more complex and dark. The truth is, no matter what we do, we are screwed.

If we shut out those in need, we foster a righteous sense of hostility that provides fertile ground for terrorist to plant their seeds of hate. After all, they are there with open arms to welcome those who were abused and attacked and tossed out in their time of need by the wealthy, decadent capitalist/imperialist/infidels! For many desperate souls won't matter that they are living in dark ages conditions under draconian rule. They are at least alive, eating, and living.

If, however, we provide humanitarian aide to the refugees, we are opening the doors to those self-same terrorist to start working at us from within. There will be more random bombings, more mall attacks, more countless civilians put at risk. It's a no win situation.

I have no solutions to this problem. But I do believe this isn't an all or nothing situation. We need to help the refugees, and also act on the knowledge that the enemy is taking advantage of that help and remain vigilant! It's not the Government's responsibility to keep us safe - it's their job to provide help. Safety is the responsibility of everyone.

Personally, I have a moral obligation as a decent human being to help people in need. This does not mean I'm responsible for every needy little shit's aches and pains and demands for a hand out. I'm not a push-over, nor am I an easy mark. It means I trust my instincts and my skills of observation to tell me when I'm in danger or when someone is trying to pull a fast one on me. Being part of a community means I trust my neighbors to look out for me just like I look out for them. If I see something wrong, I either confront the issue, call the police, or speak to my neighbors to find out what's going on. In this way, I take personal responsibility for my surroundings, and bolster the local law officials ability to monitor areas they don't usually frequent (because they don't have to). This principle applies to work as well. Yesterday a suspicious package was left in our main office building after hours. Security cleared the building, called the police and local bomb squad. Turned out it wasn't anything to worry about, but because people were VIGILANT and WILLING to act when necessary, a potentially bad situation was identified, investigated and handled in a quick, safe manner.

So my answer? I don't have one. But I don't agree with the absurd stance taken by the Danes against their own people. Nor do I agree with the knee-jerk reaction that "all refugees are terrorist". There has to be a middle ground where decent people can help those in need and stay vigilant enough to spot those who are up to no good.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Interesting article.

Let's be real, though. Charging a 70 year old woman with a severe criminal offense for acting out of compassion is ridiculous - it take a black and white draconian stance on an act that would be applauded by anyone with common sense. We all know the difference between human smuggling and a grandma helping a foreign family that's desperately tired, hungry and in need of a safe place.

The issues here aren't Black & White, Good vs Evil. There is no easy answer.

Among these refugees there are an overwhelming number of honest people in desperate need of basic food and shelter, hoping to escape the horrors that have been destroying their homes from several different shifting factions. They don't know who to trust and no one from their own culture is helping. If you've seen anything about what's going on in that area, you've seen the bombed out husks of the cities. If you have shred of common sense you'll understand these families have reached the point where it is impossible to eek out a living without existing in a constant, heightened state of fear of being killed at any minute. No human being can live in that kind of daily fear and remain sane. Not everyone is a soldier. Not everyone can take another person's life - even at the threat of losing their own. Environments like this certainly aren't a place to raise a child. These folks aren't out to take advantage of anyone. They're honestly terrified, just trying to find a place that will let them live in peace.

ALSO among these refugees are terrorist cells. These men are dedicated to spreading the very terror, hate, and intolerance the refugees hope to escape. Just like ISIS is doing in the cities it occupies, these bastards are using the refugees as human shields. They hope governments will provide the staging grounds where they can infiltrate local communities and plan further attacks. If they can brainwash local disaffected youths into joining them, then all the better. This threat is very real and very difficult to manage.

So what do we do?

Those of us who can sit comfortably in our homes can espouse black and white solutions all we want. Easy knee jerk reactions of Kill them all and let God sort them out! Put them in concentration camps and let them fend for themselves! Build walls! are just as easy to spout as Open the borders! Let them all in! Offer aide and government housing!

It's easy to just say, "It's simple!" But the truth is far more complex and dark. The truth is, no matter what we do, we are screwed.

If we shut out those in need, we foster a righteous sense of hostility that provides fertile ground for terrorist to plant their seeds of hate. After all, they are there with open arms to welcome those who were abused and attacked and tossed out in their time of need by the wealthy, decadent capitalist/imperialist/infidels! For many desperate souls won't matter that they are living in dark ages conditions under draconian rule. They are at least alive, eating, and living.

If, however, we provide humanitarian aide to the refugees, we are opening the doors to those self-same terrorist to start working at us from within. There will be more random bombings, more mall attacks, more countless civilians put at risk. It's a no win situation.

I have no solutions to this problem. But I do believe this isn't an all or nothing situation. We need to help the refugees, and also act on the knowledge that the enemy is taking advantage of that help and remain vigilant! It's not the Government's responsibility to keep us safe - it's their job to provide help. Safety is the responsibility of everyone.

Personally, I have a moral obligation as a decent human being to help people in need. This does not mean I'm responsible for every needy little shit's aches and pains and demands for a hand out. I'm not a push-over, nor am I an easy mark. It means I trust my instincts and my skills of observation to tell me when I'm in danger or when someone is trying to pull a fast one on me. Being part of a community means I trust my neighbors to look out for me just like I look out for them. If I see something wrong, I either confront the issue, call the police, or speak to my neighbors to find out what's going on. In this way, I take personal responsibility for my surroundings, and bolster the local law officials ability to monitor areas they don't usually frequent (because they don't have to). This principle applies to work as well. Yesterday a suspicious package was left in our main office building after hours. Security cleared the building, called the police and local bomb squad. Turned out it wasn't anything to worry about, but because people were VIGILANT and WILLING to act when necessary, a potentially bad situation was identified, investigated and handled in a quick, safe manner.

So my answer? I don't have one. But I don't agree with the absurd stance taken by the Danes against their own people. Nor do I agree with the knee-jerk reaction that "all refugees are terrorist". There has to be a middle ground where decent people can help those in need and stay vigilant enough to spot those who are up to no good.
I feel like maybe you are glossing over some important facts. The most important of which is that the woman in question did not provide aid to these refugees. She provided transportation to ANOTHER country so they could provide the aid. Furthermore, the refugees and thus the lady would have gotten away with the crime EXCEPT the refugees refused to be registered because they wanted to continue their trip to Switzerland where benefits/aid are greater and easier to get. They were in fact taking advantage of the varying levels of generosity provided by these different countries.

Tom

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well said, LuvNot. If we're going to use the "middle of the road/get run over" thing, as someone here (Hoot?) mentioned...will I get run over? Nope: I will have a system in place to slow and redirect traffic as necessary...Sometimes it's not about blowing up all the cars on that road, OR getting run over by the drunken ass holes in stolen hatchbacks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts