TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I got this idea when seeing a post from Admiral about a Veterans Day Ride. I didn't see it until yesterday, so obviously I missed it. I may be off base abd redundant here but is there a venue on the forum to post up and coming rides? Might give us a chance to rendezvous locally or regionally once in awhile. Just a thought. 馃檪

Registered
While there is no formal venue for posting upcoming rides the idea has merit. Typically info about a ride occurs in the Trails, Off-Road and Adventures area. Most times someone just announces a plan with either an open invitation or specific individuals in mind likely to join based on riding dificulty and location.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
While there is no formal venue for posting upcoming rides the idea has merit. Typically info about a ride occurs in the Trails, Off-Road and Adventures area. Most times someone just announces a plan with either an open invitation or specific individuals in mind likely to join based on riding dificulty and location.
Thanks Fred!

Registered
I got this idea when seeing a post from Admiral about a Veterans Day Ride. I didn't see it until yesterday, so obviously I missed it. I may be off base abd redundant here but is there a venue on the forum to post up and coming rides? Might give us a chance to rendezvous locally or regionally once in awhile. Just a thought. 馃檪
Good idea EE. Not "stickied" invitations get bumped down the thread ladder as other threads are started unless the original thread continues to get comments.

Maybe a moderator could come up with a "Upcoming Rides" sticky sub thread in the Trails, Off-Road and Adventures as Fred mentions. I had suggested to move some of the open ride invitations as a sticky in the top of this thread but I can see where it could become cluttered because some of us (me included), sometimes post our actual ride report (pictures/video) within the original invitation thread. Sometimes that works but often times not so much because the pre-ride discussion could consume many pages before the ride actually takes place. Some people may not see or know there is a ride report within the invitation.

My Veterans Day ride is a good example of posting the RR within the invitation. I made the invitation and then posted the ride report within it. Somebody may not notice that.

On the other end, I personally post a separate ride report of the bigger rides I've ridden when there was a invitation thread started. Example of this would be the Moab threads. I post a ride report totally separate to the invitation thread. The invitation thread is where we really need to post pre-ride discussions but even I'm guilty of not living by what I'm suggesting 100% of the time.

Registered
Another option is a regional themed thread like what the Washington state riders have. There announcements of upcoming rides tend to appear first. The rides with other members are a very casual, infrequent event unless we as individuals make it happen.
We motorcyclists are such freedom loving folks that we have no forum overloads managing things. Want a ride? Then make it happen, announce desire or intention for a particular date or location and see who responds. This is what I did for offering rides in the Sierras and the dreaded Easy Rides sort of snowballed from there.
Enough Idaho riders abound that future get togethers seem a likelyhood. Just need to figure out how to get the word out in time to interested parties.

Registered
There are some excellent Southern California TW riders out there, good people as well as good riders. Plus there are many snow birds who tend to migrate in the winter to Quartzite and explore all over with their TrailWays. Try starting a dialog with some of them, see what happens. You could try starting a thread specifically targeting them in the title, something like. "Looking for SoCal riding partners".

Super Moderator

Registered
Well start one then! How else do you think these things happen? Make your 9th post the formation of a Pa/NJ regional member thread and feel proud for starting a tradition. Meet and ride with new buddies.

Registered
I love to get out with fellow TW riders. Thing is it takes a bit of planning as I live a bit aways from most rides. We have great places to ride here, but 90% of them have been gated off by logging companies. There is one company that things are still open, but no areas to camp. Most areas here on the west side are closed in November till March due to weather. Trails would be torn up too much. Getting out in the cold/wet is just not on my bucket list. Sure enjoy going south. Looking for sun is the thing.

After we get out tax information in January I expect to ease on down to Quartzite. Have been dreaming of getting down there for a couple years. Hoping this time to make it late in Jan. If any of you are headed that way that have been there and can point me in the right direction for camping and where to get permits I would be grateful.

Registered
I love to get out with fellow TW riders. Thing is it takes a bit of planning as I live a bit aways from most rides. We have great places to ride here, but 90% of them have been gated off by logging companies. There is one company that things are still open, but no areas to camp. Most areas here on the west side are closed in November till March due to weather. Trails would be torn up too much. Getting out in the cold/wet is just not on my bucket list. Sure enjoy going south. Looking for sun is the thing.

After we get out tax information in January I expect to ease on down to Quartzite. Have been dreaming of getting down there for a couple years. Hoping this time to make it late in Jan. If any of you are headed that way that have been there and can point me in the right direction for camping and where to get permits I would be grateful.
Usually in the area in January as I'm only 3hrs away, already been there twice this winter. We usually camp around mm3 off the Plamosa Rd. outside of Quartzite. Probably be back there in January as snowbird friends will be there then. Also member Martin has a house there and spends all winter there. Talked to Mel and he plans on being there in January also. To camp you just need to stop at the Host and get a 14 day permit which is free. You find the host at all the different camping areas around Quartzite.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts