TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a TW that is from out of state and not currently registered in California. Is it a problem to register a NON CA model in California?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Looking at a TW that is from out of state and not currently registered in California. Is it a problem to register a NON CA model in California?
Depends upon the mileage of the bike. Here is the link where it explains what California considers to be a "new" vehicle, i.e, less than 7,500 miles. This is to prevent residents from going to another state, buying a 49 state vehicle, and then bringing it into California and trying to register it.

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29.htm

If the bike has over 7,500 miles, it should not be a problem. If it has less than 7,500 miles, you might be able to fix that in a few minutes with an electric drill.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or purchase an old odometer off ebay as I assume they are interchangeable? But you better keep the bike for quite awhile or you just lost a lot of value by adding milage.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or borrow a speedometer......what city are you in?
Way down south in San Clemente; I see an older speedometer on ebay now with over 11,000 miles that should work. Great forum; nice community of people!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I am the third owner of my bike. My bike originally came from California ,but never had the stupid stuff on it. I think its ridiculous to have problems registering a bike that is from another state. California is retarded with their laws. They act like they are another country.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
California is retarded with their laws. They act like they are another country.

As a warning to all other states, California is what happens when liberals, commies, perverts, pinkos and "people who live in San Francisco" takes over the government.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts