TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve talked before about my frustrations on the overall lack of places to ride in SE Texas, especially considering the size of Texas. But it’s almost all private property.

Well I took a trip to central Texas (near Mason) and found a road that reminded why I bought the T-Dub...60+ miles of dirt road riding, rolling hills, awesome views, lots of low-water crossings.

Rode with my brother who just bought a Kawasaki KLX 230. We had a blast.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
I hope you didn't have to ride a hundred miles to get to the riding spot. Looks like a great area.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you didn't have to ride a hundred miles to get to the riding spot. Looks like a great area.
We rented a ranch house for 1st part of the holiday week...the road started about 1 mile away from the house. Funny part is, it wasn’t even the original house we were supposed to rent. The original one had a pipe bust but luckily the owner had another house that happened to be available.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Sometime you just need to get over, around or under fences. Kind of like back in the day when farmers put fences up on the prairie. I look at my bikes like they’re cattle... they need to roam.

·
Registered
19,399 Posts
Love those water crossing photos!
For a few years I did a lot of mineral resource evaluations often off the back of a plated KDX in West Texas. Private property was an issue but still lots of fun riding on the job. Where the Border Patrol smoothed & dragged the roads to detect and interdict illegal border crossings the riding could be positively glorious. No water crossing though other than the few days a year when they received their annual 8 inches of rain.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Sometime you just need to get over, around or under fences. Kind of like back in the day when farmers put fences up on the prairie. I look at my bikes like they’re cattle... they need to roam.
Ah, yeah...
Do any of that shit in Texas and the chances are good you will be shot or just arrested if you are lucky.
100% if you cut a fence or break a gate.

I hope that was a joke, 'cause it's sure lousy advice.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I wasn’t talking about private property. And I didn’t offer it as advice either. Being from Texas you should know about the fence cutting wars... your own Texas history where people illegally fenced off public land for their own private use. That’s what we deal with here. People posting and fencing public land because they don’t like dirt bikes. I take the time to find out what’s public and I sure as hell will cut a fence or gate.. and need be I just may shoot back or call the cops myself.. you shouldn’t jump and assume anything without asking questions... Things are not always what they appear to be.

Just because something is posted or fenced it doesn’t meant it’s actually private.. and that goes on way more than you could even imagine, even today.

Ah, yeah...
Do any of that shit in Texas and the chances are good you will be shot or just arrested if you are lucky.
100% if you cut a fence or break a gate.

I hope that was a joke, 'cause it's sure lousy advice.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Well, thank you, John Wayne...

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Well, thank you, John Wayne...
You should see me go down the stairs sideways :)

I edited that feeling it was a bit rough but at least I’m not throwing bolts and ball bearings at anyone :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Beautiful weather we're having today!
(BB's work well also, so I've heard, and cheaper than bearings they say)

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Half kidding, half serious...I was talking to a friend the other day about this and he said in Arkansas, this is done all of the time and property owners don't seem to care. In Texas that might get you shot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love those water crossing photos!
For a few years I did a lot of mineral resource evaluations often off the back of a plated KDX in West Texas. Private property was an issue but still lots of fun riding on the job. Where the Border Patrol smoothed & dragged the roads to detect and interdict illegal border crossings the riding could be positively glorious. No water crossing though other than the few days a year when they received their annual 8 inches of rain.:rolleyes:
I think West Texas and down near Big Bend would have some awesome riding. Only downside is I can be in Georgia in about the same time as it takes me to drive to Big Bend...so not a weekend trip but definitely on the "To-do" list.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts