TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original TW site that is.

Yamaha TW200 Trailway Discussion Forum

Much like the old Dawson City :) We ran amuck for awhile, but got things going in the right direction. Fun to see some of the old members and the ones that are still active here now at the old site. If you haven't had a chance to check it out give it a try. Remember that a lot of pics may be missing if the OP removed his hosting account, but you can still gleen a lot of info.

Tracy

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've always wondered how a site like this got started. Who actually pays for the site to get built? I originally thought it was a Yamaha site.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've always wondered how a site like this got started. Who actually pays for the site to get built? I originally thought it was a Yamaha site.
ChopperCharles started the site back in 2006.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Ok, so now you have me a bit confused! I guess I just assumed that when the new site got up and running the old site would Peter out and go away. I was never here when the old site was active and have never seen it until just now. It looks like the old site is still active, is it? My confusion comes from what benefit is there in signing up on the old site and posting and reading there? Do many of the members here on the new still use the old and why?

Lastly, why keep both sites up and running?

going now to kick around the old site just to get a feel.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Kinda wondering that as well Gary
I think I can answer most of my own questions. Looks like the old site is still there but only for reading. Tried to sign in and it took me to here. Where you see threads that show Last Post Today, that was from a long time ago. Looks like you can just read some old posts there and I will assume that the most valuable info from there got moved over to here if it was possible.

GaryL

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
I think I can answer most of my own questions. Looks like the old site is still there but only for reading. Tried to sign in and it took me to here. Where you see threads that show Last Post Today, that was from a long time ago. Looks like you can just read some old posts there and I will assume that the most valuable info from there got moved over to here if it was possible.

GaryL
Yep, it was kept up for reading purposes only. As Tirebiter mentioned. I can still view some of the photo's. Looks like the site was 4 years old by the time I found it in March 2010.

I now refer to this site as either the original or old old site. I believe we are in our 3rd version.

·
Registered
232 Posts
YES! Thanks for saving some remnant of the old forum Goldnhtr and crew.
When it got switched over to the new, I lost the last 3/4 of my threads content (RE :Jimbo shields). I really enjoyed reading the comments and it was very motivating for me.

It has recovered well thanks to you and the other moderators.

On the videos above WOW! "That is what I'm Talkin About!"
RIDE WELL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts