TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching that guys right knee bone sticking out and caved in on the UTV I think I will get my grinder and cut off wheel out and remove my passenger pegs on the TW as I will never have a passenger on the back I will keep the bracket on for a crash bar.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing only I was going to take the little bar thingys off too. Your idea of leaving them on for crash bars may have merit.

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Good plan Paul. That damaged knee made me cringe too. The passenger peg bracket does make a good crash bar. I like that they often keeps bike from stalling in a simple tip over as the tire does not contact the ground.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I could see my foot getting planted and that peg bracket ripping my calf open and bleeding out and Mike looking at me and saying I would help you if you would of brought me some tea.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I took mine off bracket and all a few months after I bought my bike. Seemed to be one more thing to hang up on branches or other obstacles.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Take them off if you want, but the brackets are useful attachments for pannier supports or racks for those who do not have the deluxe rack setups. A piece of 1" square tubing just fits in that bracket and served as the major support for the brace that holds my saddlebags off the muffler/other side of bike. The weight of the bags is supported over the back of the seat, but the brace keeps things solidly out of the wheel and serves as a tie-down site as well.

Just saying. Tom

·
Registered
656 Posts
I like peruanos's welding approach. If you are that talented or have someone who is I think that is great. From a basic perspective, I removed the damned brackets and footpegs long ago. They serve no purpose for most riding situations. I am sure that someone will find fault with this, so be it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts