TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally pulled off the carb. That's a pretty tight fit, at least more than what I thought it was going to be.

The only part I had a problem with was taking the return throttle cable off. It has a nut(1) that is held secure by the bracket and then the cable has a nut(2) on the end of it. But when you turn nut(2), the whole cable turns with it. I had to turn and turn while holding onto the cable so it didn't spin back to the original position, until it gave me enough room to loosen nut(1). PITA. What am I missing, how can I do this more easily?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
... What am I missing, how can I do this more easily?
I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Maybe the threads are dirty.

Once I broke the nuts free, I was able to turn them with my fingers.

jb

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jb,

thanks for including the pic. looking at the return cable(cable on the right), I am not able to unscrew the smaller nut because it's locked in by the bracket. I just twisted the upper (larger) nut until I had the room to slip the lower nut off the bracket. It just seemed like there had to be a better way...maybe not.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
... I am not able to unscrew the smaller nut because it's locked in by the bracket. I just twisted the upper (larger) nut until I had the room to slip the lower nut off the bracket. It just seemed like there had to be a better way...maybe not.
You did it the right way, the only way.

jb

·
Registered
99 Posts
Backing your idle screw down to zero (so that the tip of the adjustment screw is not touching the carb wheel at all) will give you just a bit more room to remove and install the cables once you've loosen the cable ends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts