TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here goes my first of what I'm sure will be many questions. I recently picked up an 08 tw whose primary function will be hunting and an occasional trail ride but 100% ohv. I want to remove the turn signals to reduce draw on the battery and less stuff to brake when I lay it down. Just verifying that when I unplug them Im not leaving a circuit open that's going to mess something else up. Thanks in advance for all the help you guys will be providing me. This forum is an invaluable resource.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Welcome to the forum Hdog!

Yes, you can just unplug the turn signals without any ill effects. You may want to cover the connectors with some electrical tape and tuck them out harm's way just in case you (or some future owner) may want to reconnect the turn signals.

Where in northern California are you located?

Brian

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
You are not too far from a couple of fellow NorCal Nutjobs - Evan is down in Woodland and Joemama is over in Clear Lake Oaks. There are currently no groups rides scheduled right now but hopefully there will one popping near you soon.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The TW may be new, or newer, but it's not new in any sense of the word, especially going by motorcycle years.

It's still basically late 70s, early 80s motorcycle that transcends the "latest and greatest" trends/fads with simplicity, utility, durability and usability beyond newer machines.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The TW may be new, or newer, but it's not new in any sense of the word, especially going by motorcycle years.

It's still basically late 70s, early 80s motorcycle that transcends the "latest and greatest" trends/fads with simplicity, utility, durability and usability beyond newer machines.
My other 2 bikes are an 86 bw200 and a 80 xt250 and it's not much different than either of those

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts