TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I replaced the front and rear sprocket on my 1994 TW200 and now it wont start. I had to take the side engine case off to get to the front sprocket. I am wondering if something isn't lined up correctly now for ignition timing. I am getting a spark out of the plug right as I let off the starter button, but it is not sparking as I hold it down. The motor will turn over, but not start. Am I missing something that should have been lined up for ignition timing? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You will want to check the trigger coil for the cdi. when you remove the sprocket the stator and trigger coil is removed with the cover. if the trigger is not sending the signal for the cdi then it will not fire. check all the connections from the stator wiring and if need be check for resistance or the ac voltage present when the engine is turning over

·
Registered
481 Posts
Snort,
When you remove that side case, there are some wires that are attached to the stator, if I recall. It is imperative that when you re-install that side case, you DO NOT PINCH any of those wires. You make darn sure they're routed in such a manor that they're not damaged in any way when the cover is placed and clamped down by the screws. Is it possible that you damaged one, well, I'm not a TW tech so, the smarter ones that know for sure, will chime in and help here.
Scott

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm about to do this project myself. I've already shared and watched this video a few times in preparation. Worth watching, as he goes over everything in detail, and has great shots of everything as well.

I guess at this stage since you've already done the project, you should now be covered by the advice from the other forum members above. Good luck getting things back in order.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
This is a very common mistake made by lots of new TW owners and exactly why whenever I give advice on sprocket changes I include the need to have a new gasket on hand and to pay strict attention to the wire routing during the cover reinstallation.

GaryL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts