TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replacer my old stock tires last year with the Bridgestone TW 203 and 204 mostly street tires. After a thousand miles I decided to go back to the Tw34 and try a Kenda 270. I actually like the Kenda 270 better. I guess the knobby tread makes the bike want to always track straight where as the more street wise tires felt less stable. I never liked riding with only one hand where now it seems to hold true and straight. Also, no more or no less vibration and actually felt they held the road better. I ride on lots of rough back country paved farm roads and even on a good road I couldn't tell any difference. The best part is riding in grass or trails I have much better traction and feel. I think I set my own personal record of 45 minutes to change out both tires and fire up for a teat ride. new tire side.jpeg new tire.jpeg used tires.jpeg

·
Registered
129 Posts
I thought about those streetish tires but went with Bridgestone T-34 and Shinko 244 as recommended by the knowledgeable people here. I'm very happy with the results.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
You might want to check the orientation on that rear tire, it looks like you have it mounted backwards. They are directional tires and you will find an arrow on the sidewall that shows the direction of rotation. I just wanted to point that out sp you don't have issues later on down that road like funny wear or something.

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
You might want to check the orientation on that rear tire, it looks like you have it mounted backwards. They are directional tires and you will find an arrow on the sidewall that shows the direction of rotation. I just wanted to point that out sp you don't have issues later on down that road like funny wear or something.

Yep, Backwards

Your right jb. Good catch. Just went and looked at mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts