TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the forks is slightly bent just at the bottom of the tree. Does not leak but does make it a challenge to align the forks when installing the front wheel. $120 for 2 new forks from Hong Kong and $90 for used front end. Is there a front end from something else that bolts up or forks that will just swap in?

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought someone said the YZ80 fork tubes worked?
Boats.net will tell you all the applications for a part number. The Upper shows fitting all TWs 87 - 2013, and nothing else. I'd have bet on the XT forks since that's the closest "cousin", with many parts directly fitting both bikes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boats.net will tell you all the applications for a part number. The Upper shows fitting all TWs 87 - 2013, and nothing else. I'd have bet on the XT forks since that's the closest "cousin", with many parts directly fitting both bikes.

N202diver still on here?

·
Super Moderator
17,997 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Used forks pop up occasionally. You might find someone parting one out on our classifieds section? Best wishes.

·
Super Moderator
17,997 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I work at a motorcycle shop.
I have ordered from as well as directed customers to Franks Forks for replacement tubes.
I believe he can do up to 38 or 40mm tubes... easily within the size of the TW.
IIRC their prices were very reasonable.

They are in Illinois.
Give them a call for a quote... 847-475-1003

TW fork tube size... = 33mm

Here's a page with other bikes that have 33mm fork tubes... LINK
Possible donors?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
cupertino? a perfect candidate for TW Brian's next wrench and ride!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Do you know what year works Tommy? I'm guessing it has to be a conventional fork and custom spacers. If you go wit a 80 front end you will definitely need to resorting the 80 ford for the TWs porkyness. I bet they work better. Can't work worse

·
Super Moderator
17,997 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts