TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a recent thread about breaking our TWs levers, I got wondering if there are better levers out there that we can swap out for the OEMs. What aftermarket levers do you use and why ?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
with my bark busters, i've never broken a lever.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I agree with Joe, I carry an extra lever but with my hand guards I probably don't need to. If I didn't have hand guards I'd use the Moose shorty levers, they don't stick out as far so there is a lesser chance of breaking them.

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
Limp back home mode.

I broke my clutch lever one time. While sitting out "there", I was thinking "now what".

Though I don't recommend this for normal riding, I was able to shift without the clutch and made it back to the truck. When I got to a spot where I needed to be in neutral, I just turned the engine off, stopped, turned the key back on without starting, found neutral, started the engine back up, took aim of the direction I needed to head, dropped in 1st and off I went. I think you may get the idea. Main point is you can probably limp back without the lever if need be.

Brake lever is even easier, though I've not broken this one yet. Rear brake is nice to have eh!

Reactions: joeband
1 - 5 of 5 Posts