TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a 14 tooth front, 47 and 50 tooth rear and a D.I.D. X-ring chain

forgot to get the seals, so im ordering those today

just wondering if its harmful to run a new chain on an 'old' front sprocket (5400km, stock) for a few hundred km's as i wait for the other parts to arrive?

also, would anyone recommend a 15 tooth in the front? i weigh about 150 pounds soaking wet and often carry loads on the cyclerack.. does the 15 tooth provide more "kick"?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I would either do the 15/50 or 14/47. Its probably easier to switch out the rear sprocket so i would stay with the 14 on front. If your at low elevation you might be ok with the 15/47 i wouldnt like it in the woods as much.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would either do the 15/50 or 14/47. Its probably easier to switch out the rear sprocket so i would stay with the 14 on front. If your at low elevation you might be ok with the 15/47 i wouldnt like it in the woods as much.

oops!

forgot to mention im doing the dual sprocket mod, so if i could get a suggestion/opinion on the best front sprocket with that in mind- for someone my size?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't mind where did you get the seals from ? And what seals do I need to do the same thing your doing ?

i was going to order my seals through the local motorcycle co-op, membership discount and hassle free shipping makes up for the difference in online pricing.. you would have success ordering through a local yamaha dealership, the seals should be cheap as borscht

you need a crankcase seal and a crankshaft? seal

if someone could clarify that it would be appreciated, as i havent ordered mine yet either heheheeh

·
Registered
125 Posts
You need a case side cover gasket and the two seals on the sprocket shaft. One goes inboard in the engine case and the other goes outside of the sprocket in the side cover.

Gasket part number 3AW-15451-00-00

Inner seal part number 93102-22389-00

Outer seal part number 93102-17187-00

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
A couple of days ago, I had the side case off on the primary side and decided to take a look at the bearing and outboard seal. I could not get those Phillips screws to budge. Since I was not having any problems with oil leaking, I decided to pass on what had the potential to be a real hassle. Perhaps an impact driver would be needed. Anyone actually pull that outboard seal? How did you deal with those screws. Thanks. Gerry

·
Registered
125 Posts
A couple of days ago, I had the side case off on the primary side and decided to take a look at the bearing and outboard seal. I could not get those Phillips screws to budge. Since I was not having any problems with oil leaking, I decided to pass on what had the potential to be a real hassle. Perhaps an impact driver would be needed. Anyone actually pull that outboard seal? How did you deal with those screws. Thanks. Gerry

I changed one last week. They aren't Phillips head screws. If you bear down on them with a Phillips screwdriver, you will possibly strip the head out. The head style is J.I.S. Try a number three J.I.S. driver and they will come out pretty much drama free usually.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Stromper said:
You need an impact driver

You hit it with a hammer and it turns the screw

HF or a good sears will have one.

def use a #3 bit...i bought one of these impact drivers and it didn't end up doing the job...after squirting wd40 hitting it using a screwdriver drill bit and a hammer, i ended up using channel locks (vice grips would probably work too) to grab the head of the bolt and break it free...i ordered new bolts to replace them

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00947641000P

1 - 13 of 13 Posts