TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping around for some parts on my bike, and was curious who your go-to vendors are. I found one shop whose name I wont mention (rhymes with "procycle"), but their prices seem a bit on the ridiculous side. K&N air filter at $62 vs. $47 at Amazon, YTZ7S AGM battery for $120 vs. $90 on Amazon, FG exhaust wrap 2"x25' for $40 vs. 2"x50' on Amazon for $15 (and twice as many stainless zip ties), etc...

I'm not after anything fancy, just taller bars (I'm 5'14" or so), fresh battery, oil change consumables, brake pads/shoes, that kind of stuff.

Any vendors you guys recommend, or warn away from?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
O'Reilly's: Spark plugs, oil, battery & K&N oil filter if you (a) make sure it has 4 holes, not 3 and (b) none of the oils are plugged.

Local Yamaha store: air filter

·
Registered
552 Posts
A few years ago I would frequently order from Bikebandit.com and always had good prices.
Lately I have been ordering from Amazon due to free 2 day shipping with Prime.
Yesterday I ordered for the first time from Rocky Mountain ATV and MC. They had great prices on what I was looking for and free 3 day shipping if you spend $75 or more.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
ProCycle is great to deal with and if you buy say $300 or more in stuff give them a call and see if they have any room to deal I've found if they can they will work with you

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Amazon or Rocky Mtn. ATV. Just be sure you are comparing apples to apples. ;)

Revzilla for clothing and maybe a few other items like tires.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Every time I order from Rocky Mtn I get it the next day, I am in Idaho, so same time zone. My friend in Longview Wa gets his orders usually next day or tops 2 days.. they are my favorite vendor. VERY seldom are they higher priced'

anyone deal with https://www.fattireconversions.com/

they seem to have some good stuff.

Reactions: sprocket42

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I use Amazon a lot. One piece of advice is to check all items for manufacture date and inspect them closely. I’ve never had any problems, but I’ve read some reviews of buyers getting brand new items that are years old. Not ideal for rubber products like the seals on oil filters, etc. I’m sure that’s not exclusive to Amazon. Cheers

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
K&N air filters , I wouldn't. Less filtering ability. Nothing wrong with Procycle, always have what you need. Similar to buying local versus a big box store , local folk care about YOU.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for the responses. I've ordered some fun bits and started the CAD, so my TW should be "mine" (as in more suited to my size/taste) in the near future.

frog13: I too generally prefer the mom&pop shops, and don't mind paying a small premium to support small businesses, but the procycle prices were a bit too premium compared to other small shops selling on Amazon and the like. I like that they have a lot of TW stuff in one place, and may make a small order or two, but I don't think they'll be my regular shop.

As for K&N, all oiled filters flow like crap when you over-oil them, which seems to be a popular thing to do. Do it properly and they're quite good.

I wash them thoroughly, rinse clean, then give it a nice thick coat of oil, let that soak in, then hold it over the trash can and blow it out with the compressor until only a light film/coating remains. Over-oiling is also very bad for MAFs on relevantly equipped vehicles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts