TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
TW 200 2022
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the fuel in the reserve tank recycle into the regular tank. If not I found my problem with the start and idling issue. That fuel if not recycled was the culprit because I put the tank switch on and had it on reserve so that fuel, if not recycled when filling each time was the fuel I had in the bike since I purchased. It would be the dealer fuel since I use non ethanol . The fuel in the carb was rusty and stunk.

·
Premium Member
TW 200 2022
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
TW 200 2022
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no reserve tank. There is a reserve setting on the petcock, and when you use it, it draws fuel from an inlet of the petcock that sits lower in the same tank. It just allows you to use the lowest level of the same tank.
Thanks..for the quick reply. I watched a you tube video to see how the reserve works..

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If the bike runs poorly after that, you'll probably need to clean the carb. If there was crap in your fuel and you don't have an inline fuel filter (aftermarket), you should probably remove and replace the carb inlet filter, which also serves as the float needle seat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If the bike runs poorly after that, you'll probably need to clean the carb. If there was crap in your fuel and you don't have an inline fuel filter (aftermarket), you should probably remove and replace the carb inlet filter, which also serves as the float needle seat.
So these things dont have an inline fuel filter? Damn if mine dont it will, Writing a note now.. What size is our fuel lines BTW

·
Premium Member
TW 200 2022
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, what he said
I got the problem solved. Evidently water got into the fuel and settles to create rust mixed with fuel. Eventually it ran through the carb. I have cleaned the carb and sanitized the tank. Evidently the tank material got corrosive. Poor material in manufacturing the tank.

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
724 Posts
Tire Adhesive Automotive tire Wheel Sleeve

Automotive tire Font Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Circle

Got mine on EBay, as spec’d above, from the seller in the photo. Get genuine Tygon.

Pick up a right-angle in-line fuel filter & some pinch clamps to match the hose O.D.

Good luck!

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks ...I just watched a you tube video on the set up...I just can't figure out how my fuel spoiled not using blended fuel but straight unleaded non ethanol. I appreciate the feedback.
it's not just the ethanol that goes bad. straight gasoline breaks down into a varnish like substance all by itself.

I actually prefer a bit of ethanol because it's hygroscopic, pulls the water out of the tank. I ride a lot though and fresh stuff goes through it all the time. That said, I don't store my bike for more than 6 months with gas in it, ethanol or no.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Gentlemen, would it make sense to cut the shorter tube down a little bit to capture more fuel? I have a Clarke Blem tank and when it ran out, there was still a good amount of fuel in the sides. Laying it down gently all the way to one side did not save the day. Maybe attach a flex pickup tube to the shorter tube? Thanks! P

·
Registered
23,169 Posts
Those "tubes" on the petcock are actually the primary fuel filters and are more like a perforated sock than a tube with fuel flowing through their perforations. As such shortening either does not make any additional fuel available.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Those "tubes" on the petcock are actually the primary fuel filters and are more like a perforated sock than a tube with fuel flowing through their perforations. As such shortening either does not make any additional fuel available.
Fred, any ideas about how to capture the fuel in the lowest sides of the Clarke tank? Turning the bike over on its side didn't work. Thanks buddy! P

1 - 20 of 23 Posts