1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Wow that sure does looks interesting if you are in to that type of adventure. Not at all my cup of tea but we all go by different strokes. I could certainly spend 5+ weeks and a boat load of money traveling cross country in a well equipped vehicle and making up to Prudhoe Bay.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
I'm building that "well equipped vehicle" in my shop right now Gary.
Cool Borneo. There is a very fine line between well equipped and capable and too big or too expensive to be feasible. Start another thread so we could have some fun kicking it around without jacking the Zs thread.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Funny you should say that. I was thinking after reading all his short threads last night maybe I should start a thread just for Z that he could post to called : "Random crap that pops into Z's mind":D
Great idea! LOL!;)

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Funny you should say that. I was thinking after reading all his short threads last night maybe I should start a thread just for Z that he could post to called : "Random crap that pops into Z's mind":D
Yup! I think what Z needs and, I am sure he is not yet ready, is a new GF with a long Honey Do list to keep him occupied!:eek:

GaryL

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
A single Z thread posted at the top of Off Topic would certainly make it easier to keep up with The Z-venture Chronicles.

Might want to do one for Borneo, too. Kind of difficult to keep up with the random splatter of his mind, too.

Anywho, forget the notion of "one capable vehicle". Buy the biggest truck and trailer you can afford and put appropriate vehicles for where you want to go in the back. Why have a KLR when you can have a DR-Z, a TW, a Gas Gas, a FZ07, a Grizzly, and a Polaris snow mobile to choose from, plus a S10 Blazer for rainy days.?

·
Registered
19,206 Posts
Maybe the Q-Man has the vacation/ retirement answer: One big haul rig with a phalanx of specialty toys at the ready. Of course I'ld want mine back-of-beyond capable to stay longer in the bush. Many a time I have been in nice places overnight only to see tourists arrive and leave in a hurry to get back to their expensive hotels. Gee folks, you missed some memorable sunrises and sunsets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts