TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some guards just to find out that Motorcycle Superstore doesnt know what they are selling. :mad:

Went so far as to cut the rubber on the end of a grip & find out the Acerbis guards (see attachment) dont fit. The crossbar on the handle bar is right where the clamp for guard needs to be.

Because MOTORCYCLE Superstore has their head up their ass, its going to cost me almost $7 to return the crap. I felt certain they would fit since there was 3 drop down options asking for info. about my TW (Make, model & year).

DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM MOTORCYCLE SUPERSTORE!!!!!!

Anyone have any suggestions as to any others they know will fit a 2013 TW?

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
A friend of mine, btrnrstfl on the forum, I think has the emgo handguards. They seem to fit stock bars better than my wives Tusk guards, or my Cycra brand guards. The Cycra's are the worst fitting of the three, but even they still work.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm generally a fan of Acerbis tanks, but I don't like any aftermarket manufacturers name emblazoned across cosmetic parts like they are a billboard

·
Registered
592 Posts
Decals pealed rite off the zeta guards. They make them that way in case you want to remove them
No sticky mess to play with!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Those look similar to what I ordered. I don't have front disk so hopefully I won't have any cutting.
I also think my bike had them before, I had thought the rusty scratches were from tie downs.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Motorcycle Superstore has been my primary vendor for years. I has always found them to be competitive, fast and fair. I don't expect any vendor to know if every aftermarket part will fit my bike. On after market stuff I try and first see what others have used and forums are great places to do this. If I proceed with the purchase with minimal information or a hunch and it turns out not be what I expected, I deal with it and move on........ Motorcycle Superstore has been great in my opinion. Gerry

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree with PalmState I have the same brush guards but in white although they are mounted on Protaper handlebars. Similarly though it was a close fit and almost ran into the same problem. Overall I love the handle bars I chose over the factory. I see many suggest using ATV highs but I'm not as tall as some, so I went with ATV mids and could not be happier.

<-- woohoo 100 post! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts