TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Do you think we could fit that engine in a TW?

·
Registered
313 Posts
The Fuel Injection with oil injection and better fuel economy sounds great, but they totally lost me at 38 inch seat height. I stopped reading.

That seat height is identical to their already too tall bikes. They can't be brought down to 33 inches.

Not everyone can ride these to their full potential, I know I never would be able too, but having a real trail bike that's light, powerful, and easy to handle that has a decent suspension even if it has less travel (7 versus 12) is what 80% of all trail riders probably want/need.

If they sold a version for people with a 28-32 inch inseam, I truly wonder which version would outsell the other? I installed a lowered seat (1 inch) on my Beta Xtrainer 300, lowered the fork with a spring and spacer kit (1-5/8") and Kouba lowering link (1-5/8"). I also run LOW tire pressures, 8 F- 9 R psi. I can barely get both balls of feet down with a lot of leg extension, no knee bend. Not ideal but doable. Can't say how many times I've dropped it due to this issue , 100 ?? I considering a rear shock spacer chip (lower another inch) and raising the forks in the triples (another 5/8 inch). Wish the manufacturers would turn their focus from MX so much but I know that's what sells to the young guys.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Problem I've seen with oil injection systems is when they work they are great, but... if they fail your engine is gonna pay and you wont know til its too late. Any machine I've always had with injection I've disabled and premixed. Not all 2 stroke oils work with oil injectors either.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I was expecting it to be direct injected, BRP seemed to have perfected that with the Evinrude E-tec. This engine is Transfer Port Injected.......

The TPI bikes also have an oil system that's different from conventional two-strokes. No longer does the carb fill the crankcase with vaporized premix. As Viertlmayr explains: "The new bikes have a separate lubrication system, meaning there is an oil pump that is controlled by the ECU, and in the ECU there is a mapping that controls the oil pump. We can control the amount of oil that comes into the engine in every load and rpm condition."

·
Registered
13,333 Posts
There have multiple recent articles on this subject. Until it's settled I'll lose no sleep but it keeps one occupied during the non-riding season.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
This may be new news for Husky, but the technology has been around for a few years. The Scorpa T- Ride uses it along with another of trails / enduro hybrids.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I don't think that any major company would venture back into the 2-stroke street bike world. It is a terrific dirt bike platform but the seventies were littered with 2-stroke street bike failures. But if any of you need to get rid of your RD-350 to free up some room in the garage, I will help you out.

·
Registered
13,333 Posts
Around 1980 I had a RD400 for a couple years. I got jealous of some the guys buying 4-stroke 650's and I needed to keep up with the Jones' and sold my RD. I was really dumb to sell it. I found one on the Lewiston, ID Craigslist for $3,000 dollars. I think I bought mine in 1980 for $800 and it was almost like new. Fun while it lasted.

My color and trim looked slightly different than this but pretty close.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My son tried to buy the FI 250 and was told they were not available at this time. Instead he bought the TX300. I got the chance to ride it today. Plenty of poop and handles the whoops quite well. Listing over $11,000, I won't be getting one.
IMG_0702.JPG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts