TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Stop that! You are going to make me dissatisfied with my old Vanson Ace jacket. :D I've been telling myself for years that I need a textile jacket because all the cool ADV guys have them.

Next year I'm asking Santa for a tan Darrien jacket.

View attachment 12768

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have a lot of riding gear. Darien and Darien Light. BMW Rallye 2 Pro and a Spidi Nextrics H2Out. I bought a Spidi Venture Jacket in October to wear on the big bike. This is my 2nd Spidi Jacket purchase. Good stuff and on closeout. Spidi Motorcycle Jackets, Gloves & Gear - RevZilla[]=257&facets[]=234&page=1&page_size=96&sort=featured&tab=on_sale.

I prefer a waterproof liner on a trip in warm weather but on day trips from home if it's gonna rain, the Darien goes on. When my R2P wears out , I will get another or a Rev-it , Rukka

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read on advrider that one reason why BMW apparel is expensive is because they actually run CE certification tests on them, including abrasion, twisting, impact, etc.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I have a 20 year old BMW City Suit that is still serviceable. I might criticize their price structure but I can't criticize their quality.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stop that! You are going to make me dissatisfied with my old Vanson Ace jacket. :D I've been telling myself for years that I need a textile jacket because all the cool ADV guys have them.

Next year I'm asking Santa for a tan Darrien jacket.

View attachment 12768
I've found many Aerostitch jackets on sale on ebay. Besides Aerostitch, check out RS Taichi. Japanese brand (manufactured in China), good styling, variety of mesh, textile and leather (regular cowhide or Japanese cow(bred specifically for leather jackets). Still a little pricey but when compared to italian brands, they are a bargain. I've had my non goretex Langley all season textile model for a year now and had a lowside and the jacket is still in good condition and waterproof (considering how lightweight the jacket feels without the armor-I'm amazed).

Langley
RS Taichi Langley All Season Jacket RSJ296 Black/Neon Yellow from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Racer - I prefer the grey/red combo
RS Taichi Racer Textile Jacket RSJ287 Silver/Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

leather
RS Taichi Apparel-Leather Jackets from SportbikeTrackGear.com

other RS Taichi gear including sport style boots with Vibram sole, goretex gloves under $100 (I have a pair and it's high quality), wicking shirts, waterproof backpacks ($60 and comes in many colors, I have a Firstgear Torrent which is similar), etc.
RS Taichi Apparel-Textile Jackets from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Videos for some of the jackets and pants are available on the product pages and youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sportbiketrackgear/videos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts