TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new solid state battery designed by the father of the lithium battery may be the solution to what’s stopping electric vechicles from replacing ICE vechicles. John Goodenough has designed a possible breakthrough battery with the potential to bring electric vechicles with performance range surpassing ICE vechicles and making them obsolete. This technology along with the promise of graphene technology may bring the end of ICE usage. Not unlike the demise of the horse and buggy. Get ready for a battery powered TW. I am not going to go into why the characteristics of this new technology will be better just carefully watch the video that explains some of it.

Check out this YouTube video.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
There is too much money in oil. They won't allow it until we are really out of oil. There was a (flywheel) device which replaced batteries altogether and weighed only about 100 lbs. The car they installed it in got over 1000 miles on 1 tank of fuel. I was waiting for that one. I bet the patent was sold straight to the oil companies and put away. This was on the Discovery channel years ago. The guy who funded the project also funded Compaq Computers start up. A good economical impact I don't believe was the focus. Could it be done? Yes. Will you pay me not to make it? ????????????

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Anything billed as "revolutionary" ain't for me. That's why I own a TW carbie.
At least until you or someone else tries it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I think people are smart enough to realize that oil is more useful and valuable for plastics, etc than to burn up moving vehicles. Patents expire that technology was probably not that viable.

Xracer China is an economic and political monster. As the rise and fall of world powers go it Seems like China will be rising to the top. If they move away from dollars we are in trouble due the trade imbalance.

There is too much money in oil. They won't allow it until we are really out of oil. There was a (flywheel) device which replaced batteries altogether and weighed only about 100 lbs. The car they installed it in got over 1000 miles on 1 tank of fuel. I was waiting for that one. I bet the patent was sold straight to the oil companies and put away. This was on the Discovery channel years ago. The guy who funded the project also funded Compaq Computers start up. A good economical impact I don't believe was the focus. Could it be done? Yes. Will you pay me not to make it? ????????????

·
Registered
20,196 Posts
It would be nice to get away from dependance on lithium and other rare earths for our evolving technologies. These strategic minerals which are somewhat of a rarity in the free world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts