TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Highlights from last weekends trip up to the Duchess County Fairgrounds (about 100 miles for me) and this years meet. Ran into Al/Smitty Blackstone and shared a beer. That's his trailer and buddies by the Honda Cub Rickshaw a couple minutes into the video.
I've been going to this show since its inception in 2007. Besides the bikes and other oddball antique motorcycle offspring there is an antique machinery element that is fascinating with "Hit & Miss" machines and other turn-of-the-century innovations. Sadly seeing less & less of this portion of the show. Either folks are passing-on with no one to continue to keep these treasures going or the fact that they have moved the show to the beginning of 4th of July weekend over the last 2-3 years which means less folks wanting to travel with their exhibitions. This is the first year I didn't see the antique lawn mower guys.
I prefer to want to believe the latter. Enjoy... about 5 minutes. "History That Runs"

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I'm still sick over not buying that white Beemer.
Your K bike sounds and looks perfect.
Good to see you again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to say when I realized the White r100rs was the bike you were looking at and seeing the "sold" sticker on it... I also almost got sick when the seller told be it went for $3200.00.
I would have headed straight to the cash machine and dealt with the anger from my wife later. That was one of the best deals at the entire show.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the white Motosport model?? with the red/blue accents. Or the kinda pearl paint one
Yes, the rs that was in Motosport regalia and fairing, $3200.00. At 4:17 of the video.
Seller also had an r90"S" he was asking $9000.00 for. Sold it for $8500.00. That particular model in great-smoke it reaching 13 to 15K unrestored. An easy flip if you didn't fall in love with it and keep it for yourself. I never got to ask or notice the license plates of the luxury RV the seller was hauling his trailer of used bikes for sale. But he certainly wasn't from around our parts. His prices were a steal or perhaps since all these prices are now somewhat inflated... very reasonable.
But the white RS... that was a steal.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
The jury isn't hanging me yet, guys...
Was at the Nautilus diner last Sunday and my phone rings...
"I understand you are interested in that white Beemer I bought at Rhinebeck..."
I actually teared up, I was so happy.
He is waiting for the title to come before the transaction between us can commence.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
He is waiting for the title to come before the transaction between us can commence.

WHAT! Are you kidding? That's great... WOW!
Where is the bike located now? I have a dual Kendon trailer you can use if you don't want to pull that big rolling box around. Come over and get it whenever you want.
You are 10 minutes from me.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Smitty...does he have the solo seat for that bike too?? that would be ideal. or did it come with solo, I forget now. from the prices I have seen lately, 3200 would be real good, depending on condition

also saw an R90S, Daytona orange listed for $11k

·
Registered
2,251 Posts

WHAT! Are you kidding? That's great... WOW!
Where is the bike located now? I have a dual Kendon trailer you can use if you don't want to pull that big rolling box around. Come over and get it whenever you want.
You are 10 minutes from me.
Thank you. The Mendon would be nice.
The title will be processed on 8.26.17.
I'll be at Corvettes at Carlisle then. So it will be after that.
Thanks Mike. I really appreciate your offer.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts