TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Though I believe the Rhodetrips are opting for quicker route and neither of these two, they had entertained the idea of riding in the boondocks from Jackass Gulch to Burns, Oregon on their first leg of their upcoming adventure. Since I had been out in this area before they asked me for some road condition advice on 2 possible routes. I was familiar with parts of each of these routes but not out west.

I had taken the day off already to go riding, so all I had to do was re-route my route to recon the Rhodetrips route and report back to the Rhodetrips of the route recon. :p

Mighty parches in this neck of the un-woods this time of year. Even the creeks run dry.

To be continued.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For some reason, the Forum has been giving me problems posting pictures, particularly in the edit mode. Tried in I.E. and Google Chrome and get the same issue. So I'll continue in a reply instead.

Old Cowboy line shack. Ranching dreams of an almost bygone era. In the days before "Social Media", "Viral", "Breaking News", "Reaching out", "Dishes on..." and so forth.

Just a little further on is a more modern cowboy camp

This one even had 'lectricity. Most likely from a generator.

Could use a little sprucing up. I think the small fridge was run on the LP Gas bottles.

'cept for the occasional antelope, coyote, & mule deer, I was pretty much by myself

Coyote Wells. Cowboy Camp Corral on Crowley Rd. With the rock fence, I suspect this place was here long before the more modern things I see

This fixer upper even had carpet and curtains

Not much left at the next ranch. The barn is pretty much all that's here at the Harry Littlefield Ranch

Cattle and critters have the run of the place nowadays

Did see what I think is a 1920's era planter

Speakin of critters, see the little lizard up top

I think this was the root cellar. Couldn't quite squeeze in the doorway. It was too tight of a fit form me!

Ate lunch here which is probably why so many pictures of the place

Not all cowboy camps are equal. I think they've traded in building shacks for pulling in a camp trailer. Either way, they go to hell quickly without more permanent occupancy.

An old ranch not far from "Sometime Reservoir".

It's along what I'll call "Sometime Creek", but not sure of that. Could be "Notell'em Creek"!

Old kitchen wood stove left behind

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
:icon_thumright: The Admiral didn't want to have to come rescue us when we got lost......

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
Isn't it so nice that Admiral took the time off to go ride his motorcycle scouting for RhodeTrip? Ahhh, the sacrifices some make for other forum members.;)

P.S. Mr. & Mrs. Admiral are current recipients of the well earned Traveling Lizard Award given this summer for Outstanding T-Dubbery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts