TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I slacked and didn't tell y'all about the super-funnest-bestest rally on the planet!* I've been a part of this for going on 4 years now and it's a really good time. The rendezvous is a benefit to support CASA of the Ouachita. Registration is $50 and includes a whole lotta food, entertainment, and a rendezvous t-shirt.

Brand new for this year is ... drum roll ... The Tiddler to the Top! - a 120-ish mile run for bikes 250cc and under. There's no fee or cost to participate. There will be an awards ceremony of sorts with some ridiculous awards. Maybe YOU can win "Longest Lunch Break" or "Best Checkpoint Selfie" or something else I make up at the last minute :D

Come on out! You will not be disappointed!

Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2017 will be held from September 14-17, 2017. Registration is open now at rmr4casa.com

Save $5 on registration with the coupon code ERLYBRD by August 1, 2017.

What: Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2017
Where: Queen Wilhelmina State Park, Mena, AR
When: Sept. 14-17, 2017
Why: To support the CASA of the Ouachita volunteers who care for abused and neglected children in foster systems.

Great food, great riding, great entertainment - all the greatness for $50. That even includes your event t-shirt!

Register today - We’ll see you on the mountain!

We even have a Facebook page now because we're getting so 21st century :cool: www.facebook.com/rmr4casa

*I'm a little biased...

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Available camping spots?
Spots for camper trailer? My TW rides on the back bumper!
Rides/events?

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Available camping spots?
Spots for camper trailer? My TW rides on the back bumper!
Rides/events?
Tent camping, RV spaces, and the amazing Queen Wilhelmina Lodge are all available at group rates. We even have trees for you hangers in the crowd :)

The Tiddler is the only 'official' ride. And it's official because a friend of mine (T-dubbers are the best people in the world, of course) came up with the route last year and said, "Hey! You know what would be fun this year...?"

We provide breakfast and supper on Friday and Saturday, breakfast on Sunday. People find each other for riding or scatter or hang out. It's a beautiful spot for any or all of those things! Thursday supper may be an on-your-own affair due to an unexpected development. But we'll probably feed you Thursday night, too, if you're there.

Load up your bike and come on out!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I camped at a place in Mena once that was famous for the a-frame cabins. It was a dry county I believe
It is a dry county so plan on packing something. We have intrepid volunteers who know the shortest routes to available supplies and have been known to kindly take requests.

The lodge was renovated and is wonderful. There are motels and cabins available in town as well. Most everyone stays in the park, either camping or lodge-ing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to cheer a little more about this... $5 off registration before August 1 - AND... your shirt (included with registration) is guaranteed to be at check-in for you if you register by August 15!

After that, we'll have some extra available but sizing is a crapshoot. Come on out for all the days or some of the days! :-D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Count me in. :icon_sunny:

The organized Tiddler ride is a +/-126 mile paved road loop on Saturday the 16th for motorcycles and scooters up to 250cc,'s (think TW, Zuma, Grom, TW, Vespa, Cushman, TW, Sprint, CT, CL, TW, XL, XT, TW and the like ... any small street legal small bike). Re: the Rendezvous, the CASA volunteers keep us well fed and there's generally live music on Saturday evening - camping is pleasant up on the mountain, but beware the park is on an exposed peak when storms pass through.

Although the primary ride is Saturday, I should be able to arrive earlier should us T-Dubbers want to enjoy a Friday ride searching out some unpaved roads in the nearby Ouachita National Forest. I have general idea for a couple loops already in mind, either all-day or afternoon only.

Reactions: skase98

·
Registered
71 Posts
Might add that unless things have changed down there is no gas available at the park so plan on going into Mena (around 13 mi one way) or bring your gas cans.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Used to do a lot of riding down there out of the Talimena St. park at the west end of the drive. Most of it gets pretty rocky but there is a short loop out of the back side of that park that is not to bad. Also have the K trial just S. of Big Cedar at the 3 Sticks Monument that goes both east and west but haven't rode that in many years. Will need to be leery of our TW's gas range if we do much of this. I've done most of this on my 1984 BMW R 80 G/S and it has a 8 gal tank so easy to forget what I'm getting into sometimes on my TW.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a nice downhill roll into town from Queen Wilhelmina so even if you do run out, it's no problem to get to fuel ;-) Plus... we're all there to help! Team RMR is ready to rescue as needed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We still have time to guarantee your Rendezvous t-shirt at check in! Just register by August 15 and we'll have it waiting for you. Our crowd is a little smaller than usual so we'll be delighted to see you there. Tell your friends and neighbors! We'll leave the light on for ya!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Just had to jump in and tell you my wife grew up in Mena, was there thru high school. We have visited there several time over the years - beautiful area! We were just out there last month (AR) spent a week on Lake Degray - some great riding in dem dar woods.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Message from our fearless leader, the Prof himself!

"To all, a personal note about Rich Mountain Rendezvous. I will not be able to attend, but will be there in spirit. Cancer treatments take their toll.

More than ever the "meeting on the mountain" is important. It is about the kids. CASA needs your support to help those kids. Besides, just think of all the great riding...on and off-road....there is. Not to mention great food, music, friends...new and old, prizes, and for some, wrenching a problem and helping another rider.

So bring a smile and some $$$ for CASA. If for some reason you can't attend, send a check marked "CASA." Reserve a spot for camping or at the renovated hotel. Please do this right away as Cynthia, and the gang need to have an accurate count for this, the 18th year on Rich Mountain.

Peace to all, Steve "Prof" Johnson "

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tiddler To The Top

Message from our fearless leader, the Prof himself! "....I will not be able to attend, but will be there in spirit....
Sure sorry the Steve will not be there again. Get well soon.

Here is the schedule for the Tiddler To The Top:

Friday, September 15th:
Rider's meeting at 8:30am :director: after breakfast on your own at camp or lodge, after which we'll ride to Mena for a gas stop, then East/South into the Ouachita National Forest. The length & route will be depend on circumstances of the day, such as weather :toothy2:, temperature, road conditions and our spirit of adventure, with the overall loop varying from 70-130 miles. This group ride will focus on unpaved but "groomed" NFS & county roads as much as practicable, with the potential of a couple of short side-trips that are a little more challenging. A lunch stop will be included, and the longest run between gas stops should not exceed 90 miles - friendly to stock TW tanks. :) A couple of us plan to carry 1-gallon extra fuel just in case. All riders are invited to join us - our pace will be amenable to Tiddler bikes. We'll plan to return to camp by, say, 3-4pm.

Note: Distance from Last Gas Stop on Friday to 1st Gas Stop on Saturday is ~75 miles.

Saturday, September 16th:
After Rendezvous breakfast at camp, we'll have a rider's meeting at 8:30, after which we'll head West twds Oklahoma. All riders will be given a route sheet at camp. :read2: The primary route is ~127 mile paved road route :eek:nthego: with a gas stop a ~40 miles and gas/lunch at ~80 miles. However, there are a some options for side trips to see old bridges and/or ride across the dam of a small lake. There will also be a true short-cut thru the woods for the adventurous. :evil6: We should all return to camp by, say, 3pm to rest up for the evening festivities. :toothy12:

The Tiddler to the Top is a great opportunity for riders with small bikes and/or scooters to enjoy the area with like minded riders.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's coming soooon! Still not too late to join us although we probably will have a shirt shortage at this point. And the weather is looking very very cooperative!

Come have fun, help kids, smile a lot :) Hope to see many of you there!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well it's Wen. eve. and I almost have my 53 year old pickup loaded up for another road trip. Sorry I didn't pre-regerster as it seems to always jinks me and I can't go at the last minute. Have some last minute things to do in the morning then plan to leave out after noon. Leaving from south central Ok and think it's about a 5hr trip for me so hope to roll into the park Thursday eve. See you all there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts