TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just startedd building a set of engine guards to mount to the ricochet skid plate. Im not finished yet but I have a decent start. I dont have a tig welder so I cant put tabs on the skid plate like the tci has so im going to put a tab on the bottom part of the guard and bolt it to the skid. Well at least that's the plan for the moment..

·
Super Moderator
17,937 Posts
Very nice job Smalls. +1

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The paint is rustoleum universal hammered paint. Its supposed to be black but its almost identical in color to the cyclerack gray. I really like the tci skid plate but I already had the ricochet skid plate and I didnt want to spend $240 bucks. I only have maybe $20 in it and probably 10-20 hours of time.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had some nice allen headed bolts for the bottom of the skid plate basically like the bottom two bolts on the ricochet skid plate but when I tried tightening then down the head stripped out so I said the heck with that and just used regular bolts that way if something ever happens I wont have to weld a nut to the allen head like I did earlier just to get the bolt out.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Nice job this is the one I have on my DR650 and you can see the crash bar/ saddle bag's mounts. 1604302_10201998379993156_674983784_o.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts