TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Considering a ricochet skid plate. I was on their website and noticed that they have a black anodized version (I couldn’t find a pic on their site). Anybody out there have the black on the black / brown (18’-20’) TW? How do you think the black anodized metal looks? Add a picture if you have one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ricochet is just around the corner from my work so I dropped by and got a couple pics of their black anodized slid plates. This isn't a TW plate but it'll give you some ideas of their appearance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
They are currently about 2-3 weeks out on anodized orders. Nice people and they offer a 25 percent discount if you're local and you pick up. About $83 out the door for a TW plate. Here's a pic of a blue one in stock.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey guys,
Considering a ricochet skid plate. I was on their website and noticed that they have a black anodized version (I couldn’t find a pic on their site). Anybody out there have the black on the black / brown (18’-20’) TW? How do you think the black anodized metal looks? Add a picture if you have one.
I must say that the black anodized version I saw in their warehouse was pretty good looking. Not sure how well the finish will hold up with some rock crawling, but when new it's great. It almost has a streaky crystaline finish which is quite attractive.

-Sam

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
Sand and gravel tossed up by front tire, much less any rock encounters, will soon mar the uniform anodized surface ....sort of like how these icky clouds are mucking up with my morning sky.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2683.jpg

Maybe not a bad thing after all .:cool:

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have the black anodized Ricochet myself and was very impressed with the finish. With that said - one of the reasons I went with black was so it would "scar up" just a little bit more!

Reactions: MSN Trailrdr

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
Someone once said "We are the sum of our scars" so the visible nicks in the anodized surface can be considered badges of accomplishment.
Much better than the fake spray on mud & blood popular with the BMW wanna-be Adventure Riders.
fake.jpg

·
Registered
737 Posts
Right on, Fred! I also don't care for washing up the 'ole '87. Sure, I clean up some areas when work is to be performed -but for the most part the only bath she gets is from an occasional crystal clear cold mountain creek!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the black and will post a pic when it shows up. I got an email a couple days ago that it was on the way...
Thanks Glowspud!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I ordered the black and will post a pic when it shows up. I got an email a couple days ago that it was on the way...
Thanks Glowspud!
I think you'll like it. It's got a great finish.

Sam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts