TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone skipped the rear mount to avoid removing or bending the little loop out of the way? I would think there would be no ill effects. Anyone???

Tom in Wichita

·
Registered
790 Posts
I just hammered that loop flat and then mounted. I would probably not skip that rear mount. Just my opinion. I use that skid plate not just for rocks and logs but also for supporting the bike when jacking it up, etc.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just thinking the only pressure would be upward against the frame, so it wouldn't matter. I bought a couple cut off wheels for my die grinder, but I might want to re-mount the original at a later date.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I thought the same thing about remounting the original, but then thought why, but my bike is high mileage.

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
790 Posts
I was just thinking the only pressure would be upward against the frame, so it wouldn't matter. I bought a couple cut off wheels for my die grinder, but I might want to re-mount the original at a later date.
You "may" be able to bend that loop back down and mount the stock back if you don't cut it. Not positive, but it should work.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for your responses. I guess I'll go with my original thought, cut it off. If I get rid of it, the Ricochet will go with it. That original skid plate sucks.:shocked:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I tap it out of the way in case someone ever wants to go back to a stock plate plus I hate grinding if I can avoid it

you can use hammer and chisel to slice it as well if you really want it gone

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
it bends very easily, not worth the time or effort to do anything else.

·
Registered
20,462 Posts
"it bends very easily, not worth the time or effort to do anything else" - you're not referring to the TW in general , are you Joe? ;)

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, okay, okay!!!! I'll try to bend it upward???

Reactions: Fred
1 - 13 of 13 Posts