TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of close calls with some rocks that were hidden in deep grass, I sprung for a skidplate. Decided to get it in black anodized finish to match the bike a little better. Hopefully the anodizing won't wear off quickly.

Here is a picture comparing the stock with the Ricochet

skidplate1.JPG

Here it is on the bike.

skidplate2.JPG

·
Registered
603 Posts
Your old skid plate looks like mine. I need what you got but my horse is spending all my money. I'll just be careful a little longer. Fingers crossed.

Looks nice!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Never knew you could get it in black. I guess you could get it powder coated, if you wanted to. Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I don't want to HighJack: Trailscout you need one of these, I saw your rides on YouTube, Wow!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
How do you get the color you want? From requesting it on message thing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
When you click to purchase, it will ask what color. I purchased 2 Ricochet skid plates for our 2 TW200's and they came in today! The problem I have is with no instructions, I can't figure it out! I think I received the wrong ones. Any body that has one please let me know if this is what they look like. I'm posting 2 pics. photo 1.PNG photo 2.JPG I will post an introductory post soon to introduce myself to the forum. Right now it's almost 11;00 pm and I'm tinkering with the T Dubs in the garage! :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Those definitely look different. The mount points don't match, and the oil drain hole doesn't look like it would line up. They may have sent the wrong ones.

I ordered a plain jane Richochet off of ebay and just installed it this week. It was $79 shipped. I like the anodized ones, but figured the plain aluminum would match my frame close enough (that and it was 10 bucks cheaper :D ). Much thicker than the stock plate and heavy - I should have weighed it, but I estimate at least 4 lbs of metal. I probably don't want to know ;).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, dat ain't da one I got! Thanks HappyHiker I am sure I was mailed the wrong ones. I sent an email to Ebay seller and hope to hear back from him tomorrow. Bare aluminum is defiantly a closer match to frame. I may "under coat" mine anyway!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I ordered one 3 weeks ago from Utah. Installed it in less than an hour. The one you have is not the correct one. I rode the bike for 2 days then removed the skid plate and applied Xtreme Dynamat sound deadening mat to the upper side. Made a difference in reflective sound. Not a whole lot but it is quieter. I would post pics but I'm not very computer savvy. Sorry. Mark

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Happy Hiker, with the massive 13 hp TW engine, whats another 10 pounds added to the already 280 lb. tank. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
When you click to purchase, it will ask what color. I purchased 2 Ricochet skid plates for our 2 TW200's and they came in today! The problem I have is with no instructions, I can't figure it out! I think I received the wrong ones. Any body that has one please let me know if this is what they look like. I'm posting 2 pics. View attachment 6780 View attachment 6781 I will post an introductory post soon to introduce myself to the forum. Right now it's almost 11;00 pm and I'm tinkering with the T Dubs in the garage! :)
Double Dub - you were shipped the wrong ones. One tip, I had to cut off the wire loop that the old one attaches to at the rear mount point. I ground down the sharp edges and painted with "almost the right color" :p

By the way, I got mine for $74.95 from Happy Trail: http://www.happy-trail.com/Yamaha-TW200/Skid-Plate-TW200.aspx

I just installed mine last week, it looks like this for the TDub:

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Do you have to take the old mount off? That would stop the sale for me.

Sent from Android for Nook Tablet using Taptalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
I just bent mine up out of the way with a few taps of a rubber mallet.
I just want to be able to return to stock if I ever want to ( who knows why ). I need it for trails for sure though

·
Registered
229 Posts
Happy Hiker
Who did you get it from ? Was it a genuine Ricochet ?
Those definitely look different. The mount points don't match, and the oil drain hole doesn't look like it would line up. They may have sent the wrong ones.

I ordered a plain jane Richochet off of ebay and just installed it this week. It was $79 shipped. I like the anodized ones, but figured the plain aluminum would match my frame close enough (that and it was 10 bucks cheaper :D ). Much thicker than the stock plate and heavy - I should have weighed it, but I estimate at least 4 lbs of metal. I probably don't want to know ;).

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just want to be able to return to stock if I ever want to ( who knows why ). I need it for trails for sure though

I had the same thought about returning it to stock condition, but finally decided to bite the bullet and remove it. I won't take the Ricochet skid plate off now that it is mounted. As TW-Brian said, he bent his up out of the way, some of the guys here do that. Just personal preference. I just jumped with both feet.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Happy Hiker, with the massive 13 hp TW engine, whats another 10 pounds added to the already 280 lb. tank. :)
Hehe :D My TW is definitely earning the "Mule" designation. The weight of mods are just like snowflakes - individually they aren't too bad, but put a whole lot of them together and look out! ;)

Happy Hiker
Who did you get it from ? Was it a genuine Ricochet ?
New Yamaha TW200 Skid Plate Kit Compatible with All Years | eBay

I don't know if it's a genuine Ricochet, but it sure resembles one. Ebay ad states manufactured by Immix Racing. It arrived packaged in a plain plastic bag (in a box of course), no other markings or tags other than the little sticker on the plate with the bar code and TW200 designation.

I also just bent the hoop on the frame up a tad and the skid plate went on easily.

HTH

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes it is genuine RICOCHET sold by IMMIX RACING on EBAY

Thanks
The went on easy helps and if its good enough 4 ur family its good enuch[ 4 ours
QUOTE=HappyHiker;122877]Hehe :D My TW is definitely earning the "Mule" designation. The weight of mods are just like snowflakes - individually they aren't too bad, but put a whole lot of them together and look out! ;)

New Yamaha TW200 Skid Plate Kit Compatible with All Years | eBay

I don't know if it's a genuine Ricochet, but it sure resembles one. Ebay ad states manufactured by Immix Racing. It arrived packaged in a plain plastic bag (in a box of course), no other markings or tags other than the little sticker on the plate with the bar code and TW200 designation.

I also just bent the hoop on the frame up a tad and the skid plate went on easily.

HTH[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sent a picture of the plate I received to Ricochet and they apologized and are sending the correct ones to me. They sent XT250 skid plates. Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts