TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you recall I used to have Ricochet Skid plates in stock and offered them through the forum on a regular basis but it's been a few years since I had the ability to stock and store them so in the next week I'll have a fresh batch of Ricochet Skid TW pates in standard brushed aluminum as well as Black anodized and Blue anodized

I only promote and offer items I firmly believe in and Ricochet really makes a rock solid TW product much like Jimbo shields, DMO pegs, Seat Concepts, they designed a perfect product and back it up with quality builds and exc support

I also figured out we can use Ricochet Skid plates on the Suzukii VanVan RV200 and I will have the standard brushed aluminum, Red anodized (popular VanVan color) and Blue anodized, Black Anodized and the standard alum will go good with the Gray VanVan's

I'll have to confirm pricing once I know all my acquisition costs but I anticipate $94 delivered on the brushed (bare) alum finish and $119 delivered for the colored / anodized versions, costs are higher for the color versions than they used to be and there are no wholesale price breaks for buying large quantities like there once was - If I can shave a bit off the price I will and if they run a bit more that will blow but thats life in the "new economy"

·
Registered
547 Posts
As some of you recall I used to have Ricochet Skid plates in stock and offered them through the forum on a regular basis but it's been a few years since I had the ability to stock and store them so in the next week I'll have a fresh batch of Ricochet Skid TW pates in standard brushed aluminum as well as Black anodized and Blue anodized

I only promote and offer items I firmly believe in and Ricochet really makes a rock solid TW product much like Jimbo shields, DMO pegs, Seat Concepts, they designed a perfect product and back it up with quality builds and exc support

I also figured out we can use Ricochet Skid plates on the Suzukii VanVan RV200 and I will have the standard brushed aluminum, Red anodized (popular VanVan color) and Blue anodized, Black Anodized and the standard alum will go good with the Gray VanVan's

I'll have to confirm pricing once I know all my acquisition costs but I anticipate $94 delivered on the brushed (bare) alum finish and $119 delivered for the colored / anodized versions, costs are higher for the color versions than they used to be and there are no wholesale price breaks for buying large quantities like there once was - If I can shave a bit off the price I will and if they run a bit more that will blow but thats life in the "new economy"
Be sure and tell Speedytide about the blue one.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Be sure and tell Speedytide about the blue one.
Just got my brushed aluminum one a few days ago. Will install next few days. I'd considered the Blue, but figured it'd be a bit too much Blue for me.

Reactions: PlacerLode

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PlacerLode, any chance you could ship internationally?
sometimes international can be done there are two factors the first is getting paid in USD safely and ten the postage but we can check the rates and see if we can make it happen

Reactions: BruceR

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got my brushed aluminum one a few days ago. Will install next few days. I'd considered the Blue, but figured it'd be a bit too much Blue for me.
blue looks great on 2006, 2007 and 2014's for sure those are the bikes I have used blue pates on in the past but I bet 2002's with the blue frames would also look cool

·
Registered
278 Posts
For anyone newly installing a skid plate, it’s helps to know the torque value for the forward motor mount bolt is 24 ft-lbs! The installation instructions for the Ricochet are incredibly vague and printed on a single sheet of toilet paper. Also, they say to use “anti-seize” on the bolts, which can’t be right?? Surely they meant thread locker, right? Those are kind of opposites..

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am not sure what they meant, but anti-seize may make sense for those who ride in the wet a lot, as both the bolt and the frame are iron. TWs are quite rust-resistant, but there are limits to everything, or rather, it depends on how often and how long you ride in mud and water:geek:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll let you know as soon as I have them all in hand ready to mail the anodozed pates are at the anodizing shop and should arrive soon

I'll reply on the colored plates in the order you guys posted on the thread and I'll order more colors if theres the demand

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK Ricochet Skid plates are in hand ready for shipping

I have TW200 plates in Black, Blue or standard aluminum

also have vanvan 200 plates in standard aluminum, red and blue the red (kind of a rust colored red not as bright as they used to be)

$94 delivered for the standard aluminum or $119 delivered for anodized colors USA all 50 states

Pls let me know if you still need one [email protected] and I'll check the list and contact people who wanted one ASAP

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
update re Suzuki vanvan skid plates
in order to use a Ricochet skid plate on a vanvan the bike needs to have what Suzi calls the "engine guard" shown on factory frame diagrams as part #10 it's not on all vanvan's in fact it's only on about 1 in 5 that I have seen. It's the same part on DR200's although they come in many different colors the problem is Suzuki never offered them for sale since its a part you would not be likely to ever need
The engine guard s a tube frame connector under the engine essentially a cradle connector for the frame.
I did see a company in Japan offering the part for around $175 shipped to the USA so in theory Suzuki does make them but it brings total cost of a van van skid system to almost $300
That being said it's a bombproof skid plate once installed

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I contacted all who inquired except the international stuff so if anybody has interest pls email me at [email protected] it's faster than using the forum PM system

1 - 20 of 46 Posts