TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
No, don't. They didn't call these things widowmakers for nothing. A well-tuned H2 is as fast as a modern RR, with a flexible frame, 1/3 the brakes, and 1/4th the traction. My first 200mph ride was in a H2 streamliner. Never again.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
so true Q. When I was attending MMI back in the early 80s, one of the students had a three wheeler sand dragster, with one of these Kawasaki triples powering it. That thing went like hell!

Your buddy Greg did a beautiful job restoring that bike! And like white lightning, it can be quite enjoyable if used in moderation… m.

·
Registered
240 Posts
:laughing4: "moderation"

Motorcycle guys usually don't do moderation. How many of us have EVER left a motorcycle 100% stock? Never pushed the envelope?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Me. I have a showroom condition CB550K2, all stock and original, not run since it was QCed in Japan. Even the original battery, which has never been filled, and the can of touch-up paint. But, that's an exceptional case. It was purchased by one dealer from another, and lost in a corner for 28 years, still in the box. My other CB550K2 is far, far from stock.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Those Kaw triples have a speed wobble from about 70 to 120.
O-170. I think the frames had a hinge in the middle. Hence, the Rickman road race frame build. Much improved. The only things that kept the 500-750cc road racers from winning everything is 1) they were so awesomely difficult to ride to their limits with consistency on the limited rubber of the period, and 2) they sucked fuel like you would not believe. None of the big 2-strokes were consistent or controllable enough for the big dirt ovals, and the big 2-strokes would get a lap up on the 4-strokes on the road courses, then loose a lap refueling. The AMA champion had to race both dirt and road to claim the title back then. Those were interesting times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts