TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group rides are the best. October 28. 29, and 30th. Each Halloween we ride 60 miles, round trip, into the evergreen forest of Northern California and target shoot a jack o Lantern. No one knows why. Everyone is welcome. Breakfasts and dinners will be provided around a camp fire. The camp site fee is 20 dollars per night, sharing campsites is encouraged. The ride is considered “easy dirt”. All participants must abide by group slogan, Tell no Tales and Leave no Trails!

DIRECTIONS------- 19 miles north of Redding, Ca. on I-5
Exit 698 Gilman Rd./ Salt Creek Rd.
Gilman Rd. 17 miles to McCloud River Bridge.
Cross bridge and turn Right into campground.

Dirts a Flyen SanDue 🙄🙂

·
Super Moderator
21,846 Posts
You guy's should try to make this ride. This would be boatloads of fun with a great group of folks!! :love::love::love:(y)(y)(y)

·
Super Moderator
15,779 Posts
I don't think we can make it. For one, we don't have enough batteries for our vehicles or camper or guns. Don't all of these things have to be battery-operated now? I think our guns use some kind of materials mined from the earth which takes fossil fuels to extract (as far as I know) so I don't think we're allowed in the state. The same goes for the camper and vehicles. I know for a fact California doesn't allow us to bring potatoes (legally) across state lines but I'm not so sure about TW's or Ford F250 diesel trucks. How could California allow vehicles that burn gas and diesel but not allow potatoes? Potatoes don't hurt anyone unless used in a potato gun for criss sakes! It's getting tricky to figure things out as the rules get cloudy from state to state. Can pumpkins get destroyed with rubber band guns? We have 2 of them thanks to a member who resides in your state. They are single shot so I think we can legally bring those as long as we don't brandish them in a convenience store or bank. Can we bring food and water or is that not allowed either? What about dogs? Can one bring more than 1 dog into the state or is that not allowed? Just need to clear a few things up for the betterment of the group!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I don't think we can make it. For one, we don't have enough batteries for our vehicles or camper or guns. Don't all of these things have to be battery-operated now? I think our guns use some kind of materials mined from the earth which takes fossil fuels to extract (as far as I know) so I don't think we're allowed in the state. The same goes for the camper and vehicles. I know for a fact California doesn't allow us to bring potatoes (legally) across state lines but I'm not so sure about TW's or Ford F250 diesel trucks. How could California allow vehicles that burn gas and diesel but not allow potatoes? Potatoes don't hurt anyone unless used in a potato gun for criss sakes! It's getting tricky to figure things out as the rules get cloudy from state to state. Can pumpkins get destroyed with rubber band guns? We have 2 of them thanks to a member who resides in your state. They are single shot so I think we can legally bring those as long as we don't brandish them in a convenience store or bank. Can we bring food and water or is that not allowed either? What about dogs? Can one bring more than 1 dog into the state or is that not allowed? Just need to clear a few things up for the betterment of the group!
Good points! I can't imagine traveling anywhere without my friends Smith and Wesson. California is dead to me.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
oh boy...
We have plenty of guns in California. It's pretty much legal now to not only get guns, but to get CCW permits now that the supreme court ruled that may issue is unconstitutional. Sherrif in my county hands out CCW permits to anyone who doesn't have a criminal record, no need to demonstrate you even know how to use the gun, just a 1/2 day class on the legal rights on when to use it and where you can carry. (to preserve innocent life and never in any establishment that serves booze including restaurants.) I just wouldn't be carrying an AR15 on a shoulder sling while riding BART through San Francisco. But shooting punkins up around Shasta, no one is gonna blink an eye.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
oh boy...
We have plenty of guns in California. It's pretty much legal now to not only get guns, but to get CCW permits now that the supreme court ruled that may issue is unconstitutional. Sherrif in my county hands out CCW permits to anyone who doesn't have a criminal record, no need to demonstrate you even know how to use the gun, just a 1/2 day class on the legal rights on when to use it and where you can carry. (to preserve innocent life and never in any establishment that serves booze including restaurants.) I just wouldn't be carrying an AR15 on a shoulder sling while riding BART through San Francisco. But shooting punkins up around Shasta, no one is gonna blink an eye.
So, everything about guns is now normal in California?

They'll issue the permit to carry concealed as long as you don't go out for bacon wrapped shrimp in a restaurant that serves a drink with salt on the rim of the glass?

It's still California.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

They'll issue the permit to carry concealed as long as you don't go out for bacon wrapped shrimp in a restaurant that serves a drink with salt on the rim of the glass?

It's still California.

Just to clarify, you can concealed carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, but you can not join in the fun...
So if you want to enjoy an adult beverage, leave your ccw weapon at home.

I would really like to sink my teeth into some smuggled Idaho spuds!!! 🥔(y) m.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

It's still California.

What's normal? Washington state? The only place more liberal than California? Or Oregon? Ha! right....
All I know is that I got my guns and other than a few laws about shotgun barrel lengths, all are legal. I carry concealed, also legal. It wasn't hard to get, paid for fingerprinting, a class, no range shooting needed. Permit is good for 3 years. How much more do you want regarding guns do you find wanting?
They got some crazy rules about ammo, but an hour's drive to Nevada solves that.

I'll tell you what IS crazy though:
Credit card companies now flag gun purchases as their own unique code. Used to be sporting goods, not any more. It's a way to trace guns you bought because that info is not private records. The work around is to not pay with a credit card. This isn't just California BTW either.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Just to clarify, you can concealed carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, but you can not join in the fun...
So if you want to enjoy an adult beverage, leave your ccw weapon at home.

I would really like to sink my teeth into some smuggled Idaho spuds!!! (y) m.
I stand corrected on the gun thing. That's more like it.

As for the Idaho Spuds, they are the best. We used to walk two blocks from Gramaw Smith's house to the factory, back when it was just off Capital Street. Now it is up on the upper bench by that big Truck Stop.

They sell bags of unwrapped blemished Spuds for a song.

·
Registered
23,516 Posts
For any concerned fern fondlers out there rest assured we won't be shooting any lead projectiles into the ruins of this old lead mine, at least not intentionally. Besides my politically correct bullets identify as being bi-alloy anyways.😎

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will there be Fern Fondlers at the Ride and Shoot? Are they vegetarians? They sound like vegetarians. This could be a problem because we plane on steak,shrimp and potato salad with the occasional bacon sausage egg breakfast big burritos. We will happily accommodate any special diet. I’m more of a Sue Fondler personally. Dirts a Flyen SanDue🙄🙂

·
Administrator
6,895 Posts
If you can find the vegetable, and shoot it, it’s yours. Extra points are given for lettuces (notorious for dodging when least expected), whereas potatoes are further down the scale – Peas are harder to hit, so accumulate bonus points, whist fruit is under a different category “dessert”

Should any participant choose to play the “long game”, and wait for said rabbit food to attract predators, squirrels are ten points, rabbits 7 points, racoons 5 points, but for foxes, deduct 2 points for every hit

Bears, Bison and anything over 150 pounds, ‘yer on your own – it’ll teach you to pack pea shooters

Should you encounter Wolves, carry a stick – be prepared to throw it at the appropriate moment

Remember, the people most likely to be shot, are the ones carrying guns – the two kinda go together. No guns, no problem – (Note: This logic does not apply in America)

For all other enquiries, please refer to post #12

In the event of any emergency or dramatic event – pics or it didn’t happen - (particular attention should be paid to Sandue attempting any fire lighting activities, as he has “previous” in this area ….

1 - 20 of 25 Posts