TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking the weather will be nice, temperatures 44' to 55'. Scattered clouds. NEXT WEEKEND! Rain cancels. Easy 60 miles of dirt, out and back. Camping is available at the Hertz Bay Campground next to the McCloud River Bridge. Fee $20/day. Everyone if anyone is welcome to overnight at Ross Ranch for free. Power and water hook-ups available as well as two guest rooms. It is an hour drive to the McCloud Bridge Trail head from the Ross Ranch. The following day will be ride to summit Bohemotosh Mountain on the north west side of Shasta Lake. This second ride will commence from the Ross Ranch and will return there.

Bring guns, ammunition, targets and bandages.

PM SanDue for detailed directions.

Some new gifts and gags in the "Camping Gift Box". Dirts a Flyen SanDue. :rolleyes::D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Wow I wish you were closer.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
We'll be there. Are we trailering/trucking bikes to mcloud bridge trailhead? * even though I have supposedly stopped drinking beer I will make an exception for this weekend....:p. I'm on day 5 of no beer.....

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Don't cave in bro, you can do it!!! I'm on my deathbed!! 12th day without donuts!! :D
We'll be there. Are we trailering/trucking bikes to mcloud bridge trailhead? * even though I have supposedly stopped drinking beer I will make an exception for this weekend....:p. I'm on day 5 of no beer.....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'll trade you guys beer and donuts for a sandwich. I regress.

Evan with an a-------- we can transport the bikes to trail head. I have a trailer we could hook up to your truck and ,if needed, you could haul three bikes and we will haul two. We can work it out. Should leave for Saturday's ride by 8 am. A Friday arrival may be necessary if someone is driving a few hours. What ever ,we're easy. We will feed any one who participates. Will be going out for Round Table Pizza also. What ever floats our boat. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Hirz Bay Campground, is that about 287 corners along Gilman Road east of Interstate 5? That where you will shoot-em up or the trailhead for Saturday's ride? Or just an alternate place to camp for those whodunit like pizza or like to sleep in? Then launch from Redding to Sunday Bohemotash ride sans arsenal if weather holds?
10%
N 1 mph 74%
FRI

JAN 12
Sunny64[SUP]°[/SUP]41[SUP]°[/SUP]
10%
N 2 mph 72%
SAT

JAN 13
Partly Cloudy66[SUP]°[/SUP]42[SUP]°[/SUP]
0%
NNE 2 mph 67%
SUN

JAN 14
PM Showers64[SUP]°[/SUP]43[SUP]°[/SUP]
40%
NE 2 mph 68%

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Fred---- Your idea of riding Gilman Rd. to the McCloud River Bridge is a good one. It adds 34 miles of fun paved mountain road to the 60 miles of dirt logging roads. Exit Interstate 5 at Gilman Road and park and ride from there? Are you sure your well enough to ride a hundred miles. The weather looks nice for the week end. Dirts a Flyen SanDue

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
" Are you sure your well enough to ride a hundred miles." -I'm not sure of anything these days. Must be early onset of senility.

I hope to go for longer muddy test ride in a bit as the pitter-patter of rain on the rooftop has stopped. Hopefully I should be OK for TW touring. As Dan knows from experience any post-op discomfort is nothing compared to hip pain which necessitated surgery. However I have yet to determine how much of my stamina has recovered and a hundred mile day in the saddle would be a good test.
Just don't want to impose on other's should un-expected
fatigue slow me down.

In the meantime I'll keep doing my push-ups and other physical therapy exercises.
turtle.jpg

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
So Donzo, what route are you returning by? If 395 we could possibly meet around Alabama Hills for some hoodoo riding, catch a bit of moonlight perhaps. Nice to watch sunrise climb slopes of Mt.Whitney with a nice cup of coffee.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hey Fred - I could come back 395 if the weather is right. Last thing i wanna do is the mountain passes in the motorhome if they are not (perfectly) clear... - I'll keep you posted, that looks like some interesting riding!
I would have no problem shooting over there with the truck, cabover n Dub either if the weather does not work out this time

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
If I come I'ld just bring my Hi Standard Double Nine revolver with the 22LR cylinder for cheap & easy plinking plus a couple hundred cartridges to share.

Hi-Jack: We could plan a multi-day Alabama Hills/ Death Valley/ Bristlecone group camp-n-ride for late spring, maybe May? A few days here, replenish supplies then a few days there, etc.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts