TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The dates will be Oct. 25th 26th, 27th, and 28th. Arrive on the 25th. Ride the 26th and 27th. Depart on the 28th. Rain cancels! The river we camped next to last year will be a lake this year. Having the ride in late October assures us plenty of campsites. They don't accept reservations but instead first come first served. The cost is twenty dollars per night. The campsites have fresh water, picnic tables, fire rings, bear proof food boxes and pit toilets. Last year we had the campground to ourselves. We will be using bananachucks again this year as a bear attractant. We all feel safer knowing George will probably go first being in a tent. With any luck at all George won't be eaten until Sunday night. We will provide breakfasts and dinners. Bring your own beverages and lunches and ammunition. The ride will be easy miles of logging roads. Bring your favorite target. We're bringing a pumpkin, a bigger one this year!

Be sure to bring your hearing protection! "Say what"? Make sure to bring your hearing protection! "What"?

The Bear says-------"Me like bananas. Me like banana slices, banana chips and bananas whole. Me favorite is Bananachucks".

DIRECTIONS------- 19 miles north of Redding, Ca. on I-5
Exit 698 Gilman Rd./ Salt Creek Rd.
Gilman Rd. 17miles to McCloud River Bridge.
Cross bridge and turn Right into campground.

Dirts a Flyen SanDue

Attachments

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
Yes, this was a fun camp-out with the shooting done after a nice dirt road ride to an old mine & mill site. Fall color leaves coat the roadbed rather than dust. Come on out and get some of Sue's fine cooking. Link to the last one:[h=3]Ride and shoot 3[/h]

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sounds fun, But the Admiral is gone and I haven’t consulted with him, so I can’t say if we can come or not........... ah hell, we all know I rule this roost so I’m gonna say we’re in and I’ll let him know when he gets home from the Challis ride! Well, that is IF he survives the Challis ride. I’ll let you know if there’s gonna The Admirals or just the Mrs. Admiral. giggle

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It has been a year since being on an organized ride. Three months post knee replacement surgery and had to try to ride today. With the improved flexibly, I was able to operate the rear brake for the first time since owning the TW. I think it's time to ride and shoot. I will try to be there!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
It has been a year since being on an organized ride. Three months post knee replacement surgery and had to try to ride today. With the improved flexibly, I was able to operate the rear brake for the first time since owning the TW. I think it's time to ride and shoot. I will try to be there!
Good to hear that you got back in the saddle today Joe!

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
Good to hear Joe!
They have some compact battery packs for these little hand held jobs these days. Think you could weld up something for the Cyclerack panniers that would hold the battery and a few seconds of ammo?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hey I know that dancing bear! It would be funny if it wasn't funny ;) For some reason, this last month I've been an animal magnet, so everyone can sleep safe knowing the Bait Tent is nearby!

May I contribute some ammo? If so, PM me with very explicit descriptions/instructions. Can't wait!

I don't get this "Canceled with rain", though... :D

·
Super Moderator
4,860 Posts

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
...if you are using non-certified non-leaded projectiles on non-human varmints and game critters. Those old fashioned lead bullets can still be used on human varmints though. And SanDue's pumpkins of course. pumpkin.jpg

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
Bananachunks, do believe the plan is to be camping art same McCloud River Bridge Campground as last year, at end of pavement on Gilman Road off I5. Exit 698 then 17 twisty paved miles.

Same place you were doing your dragon's breath routine only water lever will be 30 or forty feet higher. dragon breath.jpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sounds like a blast. On the calendar. Might just work out. Need to be heading south about then!
Lets see, Cal. Compliant guns and ammo, but not bike ? !

·
Registered
13,350 Posts
I'll bring my pair of Grigsby RBG's. What are the rest bringing for the shoot part?
Ah dang it, we were gonna bring ours and not tell anybody. We'll still bring ours too! Very rare and one has a special color! :p

1 - 20 of 209 Posts