TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 221 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
This ride is just a few short weeks away and I am sure it will be so much fun!!

Is there anyone who would really like to go but is unsure if they can afford it with the camping fees, gas to get there, food, etc?

If so, please feel free to contact me by Personal Message, I'll help you get there with a gift of 100 dollars. It will be between you and I and no one else will know. ;)

Anyone interested? :)

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
LT, you are just way too kind. You should treat yourself instead for a change & come join us if just for the company.

Now while the bear is currently gone my peach trees have been discovered by deer, dozens of them. They showed up hungry to clean the fallen fruit and nibble on the leaves after the last snow & rain.
I was out picking fruit last night at 10pm to get ahead of the late night foraging.
At first light I went out and the mingling deer were not afraid of me in the least. To make a long story short ended up puling down branches and picking any bird damaged peaches and plums I could reach, then rolling them to an ever increasing group of deer who would rush in and chase down the rolling fruit. They definitely preferred the peaches over the plums. I ended up with 14 hungry deer within about 20 feet of me looking for a handout. Not their normal risk averse behavior.
Peach bowling for deer, sounds unbelievable but who would make up such a story? One of life's memorable moments.

Anyways plenty of harvest for peach pie desert tonight with Admiral & ejfranz after a full day of singletrackery in the hills above Reno. Amazing how a good days ride with good friends stimulates the appetite and gives a sound night's sleep...Somehow none of us have the energy for tonight's proposed ride after dark but are heading for pillows instead.

So if you come LT I can likely promise an organic home grown apple or peach pie, or maybe my favorite store bought blueberries in a home baked pie. Better than donuts for sure .

·
Registered
352 Posts
(I ended up with 14 hungry deer within about 20 feet of me looking for a handout. Not their normal risk averse behavior.)

Soon you will have them voting democrat!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Must not be letting the doggies out Fred. What probably keeps them away. Double bonus, nice to have all that fruit and venison too in the freezer.
Incredibly generous LT . Now if you could just straighten out the Cal. Legislators. I can’t go cause cal doesn’t like some of the possessions I need to take to Arizona for a class

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Andy ---------Sue transports the ammunition and I the rifle and pistol. Correct me if I'm wrong, but ammunition within three feet of the gun is considered a loaded gun. That means she can't park her TW within three feet of my TW. Get away from me women! I suppose not having a concealed gun permit you must make two trips, one with the gun and a second with the bullets.. I hope your a fast rider. The good news is California allows everyone to use hearing protection. Ear plugs are legal. Yahoo. Dirts a Flyen SanDue. :rolleyes::D.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
While somewhat restrictive, transporting a gun in this state is still doable. Unloaded in a locked case and you are in compliance.

The glove compartment of a vehicle, even with a lock, is not considered a legal transport because it would be in arms reach. So, a locked box on your motorcycle is within reach and not a legal carry. I guess you also will be making two trips to the gun range, one for bullets and the second for the gun. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have just reviewed the laws for transporting hand guns in California. An unloaded hand him can be transported locked in the trunk of your car or in a locked container.
A full magazine can be in the locked container as long as it is not in the gun. Ammo does not need to be in a different location. It just can not be in the gun.
Information was gleaned from DOJ website and also from the Attorney General.
We can still be called Outlaws just because it sound badass.

·
Registered
13,413 Posts
Gun range? Holy crap I thought I could just strap on a sidearm to my belt (loaded or unloaded) and pull it out of the holster and commence shooting at will. I didn’t think rubber bands were considered bullets. Gosh, I guess we Wild West Idahoans get away with murder when it comes to guns. Well, I didn’t mean murder kind of murder but the other kind of murder. The kind nd where no one is actually murdered. Except pumpkins ��.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have just reviewed the laws for transporting hand guns in California. An unloaded hand him can be transported locked in the trunk of your car or in a locked container.
A full magazine can be in the locked container as long as it is not in the gun. Ammo does not need to be in a different location. It just can not be in the gun.
Information was gleaned from DOJ website and also from the Attorney General.
We can still be called Outlaws just because it sound badass.
CCW makes it a WHOOOOLE lot easier. The rules for guns are getting stiffer for sure.

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Open carry in California, loaded or unloaded, is technically illegal as of 2012 I think. Yet enforcement is subject to street justice ..i.e. your attitude and attitude of the officer(s) determines enforcement. Rural "look the other way" is not uncommon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm going to try to make this after having such a good time with you guys at Moab earlier this year. So, in looking at last years thread it seems that we will need to carry all our shooting equipment with us on the TW's from the campground to the shooting location. Is this correct?

Andy
So judging from the replies I think I need to revise my question. I have a CCW and am familiar with the laws concerning transportation of firearms in vehicles. My concern is the practicalities of carrying a long gun while riding a TW offroad. Do people ride with rifles strapped on their backs? Or does someone follow us in a truck with everybodies weapons and ammo? Or should I plan to only bring handguns for easier carrying?
Andy

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
I thought it was almost impossible to get a CCW in California. You're lucky.

So judging from the replies I think I need to revise my question. I have a CCW and am familiar with the laws concerning transportation of firearms in vehicles. My concern is the practicalities of carrying a long gun while riding a TW offroad. Do people ride with rifles strapped on their backs? Or does someone follow us in a truck with everybodies weapons and ammo? Or should I plan to only bring handguns for easier carrying?
Andy

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
A long gun can be transported unloaded and need not be in a locked case. Strap it on your back or in a scabbard. I will only be bringing a couple of hand guns. It would be to hard to decide on just one long gun. So many choices.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
So; usernamestaken's question of (in essence) "is there a support car/truck that will be hauling guns/ammo/targets" still remains unanswered.

Years ago; California used to have 3 definitions of loaded:

1: was for hunting (a round in the chamber) Not a hunter but I believe that was it.

2: ammo attached to the firearm (in a cylinder; in a mag inserted in the weapon etc.)

3: gun and ammo on the person. Legislative Building. Fastest law ever enacted. Buncha people decided to make a show of FORCE at the legislature by showing up with "at the time" legal open carrying empty weapons with ammo strapped on their persons.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
This ride is just a few short weeks away and I am sure it will be so much fun!!

Is there anyone who would really like to go but is unsure if they can afford it with the camping fees, gas to get there, food, etc?

If so, please feel free to contact me by Personal Message, I'll help you get there with a gift of 100 dollars. It will be between you and I and no one else will know. ;)

Anyone interested? :)
Okay folks, I know there's someone out there who would like to go to this. Let me help you.

Don't be shy and miss out...

:D

41 - 60 of 221 Posts