TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can adjust the ride height up or down a bit with the circlip under the spring perch on that TW shock if needed.

Thats what I just read in another posting. Does anybody have a pic of this adjuster, Thanks a newbie that needs it a little lower

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
You can adjust the ride height up or down a bit with the circlip under the spring perch on that TW shock if needed.

Thats what I just read in another posting. Does anybody have a pic of this adjuster, Thanks a newbie that needs it a little lower

You can adjust the preload on the spring. Depending on your weight you can get a slight increase or decrease in spring tension by moving the clip. You have to remove your shock and either remove the spring or compress it enough to make the change.

Hang out a few days and I'll show you pics of where the clip is and what you need to do on Gizmow's shock thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is just what I am looking for. My wife would feel a little more secure if we could lower the ride a bit. If you have any photos, or a link to them, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

r/R

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
This is just what I am looking for. My wife would feel a little more secure if we could lower the ride a bit. If you have any photos, or a link to them, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

r/R

Sorry for slacking on you, RonC.

The grooves and clip are hidden beneath the spring retainer (1).

You'll need to remove or retract the spring to get to them.

There are 3 grooves. (2) is stiffest, (3) is lightest, most are factory set in the middle groove. You'll want to put hers on (3).

This will only lower the bike slightly, depending upon your wife's weight, and it will only lower it when she's on the bike. If mounting the bike is an issue or if she's so short that she's still not confident, you may have to resort to redrilling the lower shock mount in the swingarm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No Slack Dude. I appreciate your getting back. It may take me awhile to come up with the right configuration, but now I have plan to get her riding.

r/R

================================================================================================

Sorry for slacking on you, RonC.

The grooves and clip are hidden beneath the spring retainer (1).

You'll need to remove or retract the spring to get to them.

There are 3 grooves. (2) is stiffest, (3) is lightest, most are factory set in the middle groove. You'll want to put hers on (3).

This will only lower the bike slightly, depending upon your wife's weight, and it will only lower it when she's on the bike. If mounting the bike is an issue or if she's so short that she's still not confident, you may have to resort to redrilling the lower shock mount in the swingarm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts