TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been awhile since I have riden and have an itch. I am thinking of riding from my place to Lake Pillsbury and back on a simi loop route, next Saturday or Sunday. Weather pending of course. Is there any interest from the any in the NorCal area to join me? This is pretty much an all day ride.

Joemama
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
I'm in Joe. We can go look for shell gas stations....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
LOL, hey Joe I think me and Josh are still on for cow mountain recon ride this sunday if your interested in joining us. Looks like its going to be nice weather (70 degrees is woodland forecast)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
I think Joeband is in the "happiest place on earth" this weekend. I can do next Sunday I think, but Saturday we're hosting my daughters 2nd birthday at noon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,349 Posts
yep, my riding this weekend is mouses' coat tails.

i'm a probably not possibility for next weekend, as i have a conference in sacramento sunday - tuesday. :( damn, i'm ready to ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If proposing a ride brings rain, we need to propose more rides out west. Like I said, weather permiting.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,046 Posts
If proposing a ride brings rain, we need to propose more rides out west. Like I said, weather permiting.

Joe
I was planning a trip to Hollister next Wednesday, the first day there is no winter break, and guess what, Wednesday is the first day they predict rain. The 5 previous days were dry and in the high 60's and low 70's. The trails would have been dry and OPEN !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks like this ride is going to happen. Nearly 2" of rain yesterday, none today, and the next rain is going to be South of here. Mike and Josh, are you still a go for Sunday, weather permitting? Anyone? Joe, you could be just a little late getting to Sacramento. Today would have been perfect riding conditions.

Joemama
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2" of rain yesterday and surprizingly dry today. We will see what the next few days bring.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,349 Posts
hey joe,
i'd love to, but i don't think saturday's going to be in the cards. :(

my poor bike's been just sitting in the garage since the first "wrench and ride"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Joe, this is going to be Sunday. Josh has a birthday party on Saturday for his little girl. I had one for my little girl on Monday!!

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,349 Posts
:( sunday's no better. i need to be in sacto by late morning, so i'm going to keep my ride card for the full day ride coming up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
I'm out as well, I need to prep for my 4wd trip to DV leaving Thursday early AM. Rig is still in the shop chasing down a weird electrical issue. If they can't fix it in time I'm going to trailer the TW to Lone Pine, throw my camping gear and food into someone's truck and then lead the three day trail run from the seat of my TW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,126 Posts
Sorry I'm out too. With all this rain the GF made plans for us. Daylight savings is march 9th and looking forward to warmer weather and longer days for riding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1.15 inches of rain yesterday, overcast and threatening sky's today. What's a guy to do? Ride!! I didn't do the route as planned because I was solo. I left home and was on forest dirt roads in 2 miles. Road 35 of mostly sticky, sometimes slippery ( Tony ) miles to the North end of Indian Valley. The lake is a mere puddle. I also checked out the Cashe Creek crossing from ride number one. There would be no crossing the creek today. When we crossed last May, the Gage level was two feet, today, five feet. Sorry no one else could go today.

Joemama
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top