TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ride-On TPS Motorcycle Tire Balancer and Sealant - BikeBandit.com . Has anyone here used this product? What do you guys think? Kind of seems like it would make life a lot easier... pour it in the tube and off you go with your new tires balanced in seconds? Sounds pretty damn nice to me. Maybe I'm just a gullible sucker but so far I've read multiple positive reviews on it's balancing effectiveness. That would be my primary use for it. At this point I'm pretty close to being ready to purchase.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As far as the "sealant" part of it...it seems to me that it would simply temporarily prevent rapid tire deflation AT SPEED, because the gel would coagulate into the hole each time it passed around that part of the tire/tube. But if you stopped it would still go flat. Anyway to me that would just be an added benefit. I found this when I got online to search for a motorcycle tire balancer because I got tired of dealers not balancing (when I pay for it and specifically tell them to do it and they promise to do it!!!), or improperly balancing, my motorcycle tires.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I have it in my tires(tubes), I think it smoothed out the street ride a bit, don't know if I've run anything over but my tires haven't gone flat yet. I figure it can't hurt.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Better than Slime. Put slime in once you have a flat, put RideOn in before the flat. JMHO. Tom

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was just reading about this stuff, putting the golden boy on and was thinking this maybe a good additiveTo the tire since I will be messing with them. Looking forward to the feedback.

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Has anyone reused a tube with RideOn in it? Like when you need a new tire, is the tube filled with RideOn re useable? Has anyone done it?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ride On is amazing.

Right On, Ride On!

Proof in action, skip to me pulling a 2" nail at 4:05: (Put the sound all the way UP to hear the Ride-On at work!)

Ride On is awesome, but I would never re-use a tube punctured or not. Just me.

·
Registered
13,897 Posts
Ride On is amazing. Proof in action, skip to me pulling a 2" nail at 4:05: (Put the sound all the way UP to hear the Ride-On at work!)
Ride On is awesome, but I would never re-use a tube punctured or not. Just me.
DonBenito,

You need to show us more (GoPro) video's (lots), which show the on-going reliability of the Ride-On product. There's got to be so much beautiful scenery down there to show us (GoPro), which of course you would not if you had a flat tire or didn't have a (GoPro). Luckily for us, you have Ride-On in your tires and a (GoPro).:toothy10:

·
Registered
172 Posts
The first 50 miles were scary. The bike was all over the place, especially at highway speeds. After that, it's all good. I don't get many flats so I can't comment on that. I will definitely use it again when I replace my rear tire.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Has anyone reused a tube with RideOn in it? Like when you need a new tire, is the tube filled with RideOn re useable? Has anyone done it?
I've thought about this because the stuff ain't cheap! I don't see why, if you remove the valve core at approximately the 12:00 position, put the cap back on while mounting the tire with the tube deflated, and pop the bead on while stem is held vertical instead of on it's side, it would not work.

However, this does not address the issue of just how much you want to trust a 5 or more year old tube, regardless if it has RideOn in it or not. Now, if a fairly new tire was slashed, I might try it if the tube was not damaged (unlikely). Since our tires usually get 7,000 or more miles on them, or 5 + years, buying three cans of the stuff isn't too painful.

I've had it in there about a year now and it does make the tires run smoother and gives me lots of peace of mind 'cause I ride alone a lot. After seeing DonBenito's video, even more so!:eek:

However, unlike the testimonials with tubeless tires, if a tube were punctured I would replace it real soon whether it leaked or not. I might try scooping all that goop out and re-using it.... but I kinda doubt that it would be worth the fuss of figuring how to get it back IN the new tube.:p

To me, it's all about not having to demount and patch a rear tube in the field....that's worth about $100 each time! So I'll buy new bottles if or when a new tube is needed.

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Ride On has a 5 years "use life". No where does it say a tube with Ride On in it can't be re-used. Quite the contrary, they say Ride On doesn't interfere with patching. Patching says it is OK to re-use.

Technical - Ride-On

BTW, the front inner tube on my "primary" TW is on it 3rd or 4th tire. The rear inner tube is on its 2nd. The inner tubes on my parts bike have an unknown history but look really good.

I don't feel I am taking a chance but then only time and use will tell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts