TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to add Ride On to my tires (tubes...) How much do you use? I was looking at the different types, would the ATV type be better for our rear tire? Would it be suitable for the front? Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I used the Motorcycle Formula ride on for my front and rear. I've been exceedingly happy with it!

It took about 20 fl Oz to fill both front (I run a 5.10 size 244 up front) and rear tires according to the RideOn "Heavy Duty Application" dosing formula. That means buying 3 of the little 8oz bottles the first go-round :(.

I guess I've had it in there for about 1000 miles now, my only regret is not putting it in there sooner! The sealing properties are the main reason I invested in RideOn, but after putting it in I have really come to appreciate what an impeccable balancing job it does. Makes for a MUCH smoother ride!

I've posted about how much I love RideOn before: http://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/6553-right-ride.html

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered 3 of the M/C type, should have it next week. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've used Slime in the past with great results but I like the fact that Ride On also has balancing properties.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I tried Ride-On in my DR650 tubes when I did the Continental Divide Trail from the Canadian border down to Albuquerque where we ran out of time, then a three day high speed blast across the country back to TN in 100+ degree heat. Ride-On provides flat prevention, wheel balancing, and increased tire life.

I liked the stuff so much that we now stock it in our store. My wife and I have it in at least 6 of our bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts