TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Riding buddy Adam and I rode 30 miles to one fire tower, then we separated and I went to another one. These had been fixed up unlike other more abandoned towers. They are free accommodations for the public with only a reservation required. Amazing value, I may have to stay there moto-camping since only food, beverages and a bedroll would need to be packed in, everything else is pretty much there including gas lights.
On way up to second mountain peak Betty Boop found a new friend, an abandoned Polaris that had been ripped up a bit with big bite marks.

Lots of flowers, raptors, aspens and a little mud on the ride.
Nice views

Lots of scenery on thirty mile ride home

Visited my favorite dehydrated fishing lake

Found some keys

Found nice camp sites too

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Nice ride Fred and the mud puddle looked rather deep. Different kind of "water crossing" going on there eh? There were, maybe still are, several old Forest Service Lookouts available to use here as a rental. We haven't looked into renting one for several years as the one's we liked were booked up during our free time. The one you visited looked really nice and I like the "free" part with a reservation.

This past weekend we found a Chrysler PT Cruiser in the creek on an ATV trail. Looked like it had been rolled over. A little more dramatic ending for the PT Cruiser driver than your snowmobile. Snowmobile looks retrievable, PT Cruiser is gonna take a bit more work to remove it as the trail isn't wide enough for a tow truck. Maybe Heli it out! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kris. When you come visit our group ride will travel through a valley between those look-outs and past the big lake on our way to higher more pristine alpine lakes. Normally this time of year the water should be up to where my bike is parked and at base of treelike in distance. We have a long way to fully recover from drought. 721aef5b30fd01eb38470d19ccaf847f.jpg

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just hope there was another sled around to haul out the Polaris operator out as it would have been a long hike out of there. Some critter sure shredded the seat, maybe after salt from sweat?

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now why didn't I think of that? You guys are too clever for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts