TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I'd like to say I purchased a 2009 TW200 last October. I have put 1000+ miles on it

and enjoy it very much. Seems like a great forum here with good information.

Took a ride today to Silver City and thought I'd share my track saved from my Garmin Dakota.

It's about a 20 mile ride from where I started, there are many other roads and trails but

my goal was silver city and I made it. The views are fantastic you start out at 2800 feet

and rise to 6800 feet. Sorry no pictures they are stuck on my Cell phone. I have no idea

if the files I posted will be any help or not I am using Mapsource and Idaho topo which can

be download from the internet if you search it.

So from Nampa you go South to Murphy, Turn right on Rabbit Creek road 1 mile down there is room

to park on the left. Unload and have fun.

The ride has it all in my opinion. There are places to go fast, then you must go slow if you value

your body and your ride, then you need to have some fancy climbing skills.

gdb file

gpx file

Before you click to start download be warned that mediafire has a small box to uncheck so your not being

slammed with free stuff? I don't know what else to call it right now.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I take it you live in Idaho? Perhaps you'd like a riding buddy? I live in Meridian and am just now getting to know some of the areas good for off-road TW riding. Another Idaho TW rider - "Admiral" on this board and I are taking a trip tomorrow (8/25). Had we come across you earlier, we could have invited you too. Drop me a line!

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Silver City and the surrounding area is a great place to ride, especially when the temps are hot down in the treasure valley.

Here is a mine entrance underneath a roadbed going up War Eagle Mountain.

Here is another of Silver City.

Loads of things to see in the area. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just spent two weeks in Jordan Valley. Hunting archey in Idaho. Spent few days around Sliver City, good looking country. Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is a great area to ride, we should put together an Idaho TW ride sometime. Lots of places to see in this area.

yes, yes we should do an Idaho ride. I was just thinking of this earlier today when I saw so many Idaho riders here.

What do you guys think of a Rocky Canyon, Robie, Clear Creek, Grimes Creek, Pine Creek, Shafer Butte, Bogus Basin, back to Boise run before the snow flies.

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
shadow,

Sounds like a good idea. I have driven most, but not all of those roads in a truck, but not on the TW. I'm riding/camping with the wife this weekend near Hawley Mtn. area, hope we don't upset the bow hunters! Well, if they are hunting close to a road what do they expect!

After that, I can possibly make arrangements except I'm not available on Thursday or Friday's (daughters sports activities). Throw out some dates/times and we can see if some of the other Idaho TW'ers are game.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Pick a date and a time/place to meet and let's then do a "roll call" and see how many Idaho TWers want to join in. Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Riding on the weekend works best for me but do you want to do a meet and greet during the week?

I was also down south of silver city bow hunting this last weekend. Some of my favorite areas. No TW but still a lot of fun.

Harlan

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Riding on the weekend works best for me but do you want to do a meet and greet during the week?

That's a good idea. I live in Meridian. Where do some of you other Idaho riders hail from?? Perhaps we could meet somewhere for a burger or wings and have a pre-ride "meet and greet."

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I haven't been to Silver City since 2004, (and that was in my pickup, not on a bike), but looking over some of my pics from back then, I agree it would make a great ride.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's a good idea. I live in Meridian. Where do some of you other Idaho riders hail from?? Perhaps we could meet somewhere for a burger or wings and have a pre-ride "meet and greet."

I am down for this. Let's toss out a place or two that are central and can be accessed without freeway or 55+ riding by most of the folks.

Five Guys on Milwaukee and Fairview.

Burger Tine in the same area.

Carl's JR or Del Taco on Eagle.

Others?

I can meet any day of the week after 5. Maybe after 6:30 to let traffic die down some.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
OK Idaho riders - roll call time - Identify yourselves, let us know in what town you live, and... if you're close enough to the Boise area, if an of these spot work for you.

Me - Truelight (Rick) - Meridian, ID

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
I see I'm not the only one up this early!

Kris, Sandhollow, (Admiral).

Close enough to make it, but depends on the night. I'll wait and see what you city folk decide. Working swing shift and have rolling days off during the week, but have to dodge kids school activities (Tue, Thur, and Fri).

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
OK, that's four of us (and per the demographic survey we have six Idaho riders, (so perhaps the other two are not in the Treasure Valley area - I recall we have an Idaho rider in the northern part of the state and another in the Hailey area, so that would be the group I'm guessing).

For the four of you who've checked in, Admiral, Shadow, Idaho04, and me (Truelight), shall we pick a date and place? If the idea is to ride our bikes, maybe a weekend day rather than a weekday evening might be better (especially for Admiral who has to come in from Sand Hollow). Of course just to get together for a "meet and greet" wouldn't require that you ride your TW, you could drive. My thought is that we simply get together to meet and possibly plan another ride for a different time.

So, lemme throw something out... How about 1:00 p.m. this Saturday (9/18. If Admiral is riding his bike in that would allow him daylight hours to make the ride over and back. Cheerleaders Sports Bar and Grill on Eagle Road has a good varied menu and is easy to find.

Whatja think??

·
Registered
92 Posts
OK, that's four of us (and per the demographic survey we have six Idaho riders, (so perhaps the other two are not in the Treasure Valley area - I recall we have an Idaho rider in the northern part of the state and another in the Hailey area, so that would be the group I'm guessing).

For the four of you who've checked in, Admiral, Shadow, Idaho04, and me (Truelight), shall we pick a date and place? If the idea is to ride our bikes, maybe a weekend day rather than a weekday evening might be better (especially for Admiral who has to come in from Sand Hollow). Of course just to get together for a "meet and greet" wouldn't require that you ride your TW, you could drive. My thought is that we simply get together to meet and possibly plan another ride for a different time.

So, lemme throw something out... How about 1:00 p.m. this Saturday (9/18. If Admiral is riding his bike in that would allow him daylight hours to make the ride over and back. Cheerleaders Sports Bar and Grill on Eagle Road has a good varied menu and is easy to find.

Whatja think??
Worth a shot to me.

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Won't be on the TW cause I'll be on my way to work, but I can be there for the grin and grip.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
OK then guys, we have three of the four "locals" - me, (Truelight) Shadow, and Admiral. I hope Idaho04 will join us too. That will be this Saturday (9/18) at 1:00 p.m. at Cheerleaders Grill and Bar on Eagle Road in Meridian. Ride your TW if that will work for you, but if not, that's OK. Just come and swap a few tales with the rest of us. See ya there!

- I will also post this as a general invite as a new thread in the General section in case we have some other local Idaho riders we've not yet identified. -

1 - 20 of 39 Posts