TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. So in June 2020 I had every intention of buying a TW but there were none to be found. I did find one local XT250 however so ended up getting a new 2020 XT instead. I have done mostly gravel road riding and so far think it’s a great bike. I hadn’t ridden since high school days (more than a couple decades back) so basically had to relearn everything. Last weekend I did my biggest trail ride yet, about 25 miles up Boise 8th Street/Sunset Peak and back down Shaw Mountain Rd. with 4,000 feet elevation change.

I used the Yamaha MyRide app to track the ride after getting about 3 miles up the trail - see image below. It was fun but still getting used to and comfortable with the steep terrain!

Chris

Ecoregion Map World Font Slope

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
an xt250? well... i guess it's still in family blue?
welcome to the forum, even if you are a b*stard child.

i hope you closed the loop on your ride. sounds like adventures await you, and many riders in idaho. fun!

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha tw200
17 Posts
Looks like fun. I looked for a xt before I purchased a tw but I couldn’t find any to look at in person in my area. I’ve also just started riding again since the late 90s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i hope you closed the loop on your ride. sounds like adventures await you, and many riders in idaho. fun!
Yep, loop closed. I just forgot to start the tracking app until I was a few miles up the road.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Funny timing. I was working in Garden City starting may 2020. After two weeks there i went to snake river Yamaha, and bought their second to last tw. They had three allotted to them, in was being rolled out, one was in the back having just been assembled, and one was almost ready. I got the freshly assembled one. I have never had such a good fast experience. From time walking in to time driving off was 28 min.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Funny timing. I was working in Garden City starting may 2020. After two weeks there i went to snake river Yamaha, and bought their second to last tw. They had three allotted to them, in was being rolled out, one was in the back having just been assembled, and one was almost ready. I got the freshly assembled one. I have never had such a good fast experience. From time walking in to time driving off was 28 min.
Cool, you got one just in time it looks like. I agree had a great experience at Snake River too. They even delivered it to my house - it was waiting for me in the driveway by the time I got home. Then, and at my house the guy gave me some tips for riding and maintenance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was just up there, riding. Camped along Middle Fork Road and did most of the ATV trails. Nice area, especially because the lower elevation meant it wasn't cold at all. Had a bear encounter on my last night... he broke my Jimbo Screen!
Motor vehicle Gas Vehicle door Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts