TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just got my first TW today. Was reading the owner’s manual and noticed for the first 1000mi I shouldn’t put excessive load on the bike. What exactly is consider excessive load? I want to ride 2 up with my bf until he saves enough for a 2018/2019 (just love the color!) and was wondering if I really need to wait until I’ve put 1000 mi on it. Our total weight together is about 270.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats and welcome. This thread might give you some confidence. In terms of breakin don’t overheat it and keep up on maintenance and oil. Riding 2up makes your pre-ride bike inspections even more important. Cheers

https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/2176-biggest-tw-rider.html
Thank you! After reading the thread we’re definitely riding 2up and going to the donut shop. Yes, my boyfriend is obsessive about pre-ride inspections which is great because half the time I just want to go.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Just a FYI - changed my oil at 25 miles, 100 miles and 500 miles with dino oil - switched to synthetic about 1500 miles. Riding 2 up is no problem with the Dub- enjoy the bike it has become my favorite toy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts