·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Fred

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Sweet! ATV boots are perfect TW boots. It is nice to have traction when you put your foot down. I've seen so many people wearing MX boots stop, put a foot down, and down they go with those flat soles. Then they can't pick their pigs back up because they have no traction. Then I hurt my back and suffer the rest of the weekend helping them pick their pigs up. Whose idea was it to build a 400+ pound dirt bike, anyway?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Those are nice....seems like a great price too.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
They are nice. We had semi settled on a pair for Shortstop. Decision made now that zdiver1 gave em a go.

He does look pretty jazz in my old Hi-Points though. :D

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are nice....seems like a great price too.
the boot are very comfy and I have big Calf's and feel better then my work boots. can not beat the price.Paul

Reactions: littletommy

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was 16 I was playing High school football and was flipped in the air and broke my fibula and tibia and shattered my heal and tore ligament's on my right ankle 6 hours of surgery.
So the Boots are a must.Paul

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, while I'm thinking, do they fit true to size zdiver1?
Yes I would have to say the best fitting boot I have ordered online. I take a two wide or 4wide in NB shoes and have an 18 in calf and the boots out of the box kick ass!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I do a bike camping trip the first thing I do is take my boots off when I set up camp I keep my Flys on till I hit the tent!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmmm , it does sound like they are a bit more comfy than usual ATV boots.
I am a desert camper you have to have good footwear on or a desert critter will get you. full foot and ankle and lower leg protection.Paul

Reactions: Pass Man

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I have a good pair of snake boots for the desert. Not so much protection for riding, though. Wide width ATV boots? Okay, I'm going in for a closer look. I've advocated ATV boots for years for the type of riding I do but could not find any that fit. My current riding boots are steel toed work boots with a steel shank, and I have steel heal and ankle cups I hammered myself that slip in side. Ruins the walking comfort but my ankles are safe. Hard soccer shin guards complete the ensemble. Not real comfortable, but saved injury many times.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I got the Fly ATV Boots for my DR-650 and are perfect for the TW. :thumbsup:Dirt Bike Fly 2014 Maverik Adventure/ATV Boots | MotoSport
Are you able to post a pic of that boot on..? I'm very interested in getting that same boot, but like to see how far up your leg it is. Also, how do the sizes run? Normally, MX boots should be ordered one size larger than what you wear say, sneakers. I'm a size 10.5 should I get a size 11..? Ya think.? I've had my eye on these for a while now, since I don't want a full boot (tall).

Thanks...;)

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
I got the Fly ATV Boots for my DR-650 and are perfect for the TW. :thumbsup:Dirt Bike Fly 2014 Maverik Adventure/ATV Boots | MotoSport
I am Admiral Nelson, and I approve of these boots. I've had mine for a couple years. Took a long time to break in (and I was told they would be). But now that they're broke in, I love 'em. Saved at least one broken foot/toes forsure so far!

From my Hemingway Butte - Man Down Act II thread from February 2012. "Bruised but not broken. I like my new boots". P.S. My toes are normally that crooked!

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Not to detract from the Flys (we ordered a pair for my nephew) I have been wearing MX boots or their variants for almost 45 years. If you are willing to spend the money, Gaerne Balance Oiled boots are the most glove fit comfortable boots I have ever worn. I have to let them out to the last link due to having 19.5" calves, but that isn't an issue at all.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts