TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Winter Doldrums I - Riding Down the Wash - Owyhee Front

Winter doldrums have set in. Putting together a few videos from 2018. 90% of the footage hasn't been used before. This trail is in one of the more interesting washes on the Owyhee Front. I was riding my XT200 and forum member ejfranz from Canada was riding his DT200 2-stroke Dual Sport. The DT is a nice old bike which I don't believe was imported into the U.S. Clips are a little longer so you can see more of what the trails are like rather than 5-second snippets shown from a bunch of different trails. We did ride some trails on the TW's but on this trip we rode primarily the "Alternate 200's". It's still a lot of fun no matter what you're riding.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That was a great ride. I was waiting for those endless miles of whoops you so love - not.
Looking forward to our next ride.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
The wash looked a lot more fun and popular than the roads. Sometimes heading downstream the water gets deeper and deeper as other side streams feed in more water creating increased challenges. Be fun to hit the wash after more significant rain or run-off.

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was a great ride. I was waiting for those endless miles of whoops you so love - not.
Looking forward to our next ride.
I have other fun video's in the hopper. One is called the "Bobsled Run" and another I'm just finishing up named "Waterpocalypse".

The whoops sucked for sure.

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wash looked a lot more fun and popular than the roads. Sometimes heading downstream the water gets deeper and deeper as other side streams feed in more water creating increased challenges. Be fun to hit the wash after more significant rain or run-off.
Riding some of the washes on the Owyhee Front, Moab and San Rafael Swell, I beginning to like washes a lot. Ride out here with ejfranz would have been right up your alley, or should I say wash!:p

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fun lookin and wet trail. Makes me want to go riding now! But with a house full of family I'm not getting out there fer awhile...
...and if you thought this was wet, wait for one of my upcoming video's...Waterpocalypse. :D

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Admiral - Curious about the water source. Is the pudllng from previous rains, snow melt. or are there springs at the headwaters?
I think the water comes and goes. This trickle of water I believe is from springs.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
traffic jam in idaho!

forecast: clear, cold and sunny w/ a chance of muddy trails! great riding weather!

happily awaiting the return of DAS Boot der Kapitan!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts