TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may cure any of you wanting coming to Florida.

You won't see these photos in the ads from the Chamber of Commerce.

No grand panoramas as in the western US.

No twisty roads with great changes of elevation as in the eastern US Appalachians.

Only a lot of flat and straight...the saving grace is that it is warm.

And in this inland part of Florida...no beaches or theme parks.

But it's just minutes from my winter home, and is where I go if I need an hour or two of riding.

It's mostly agricultural and mining country.

Strawberry fields:

Blueberry fields:

Orange groves:

Cattle ranches:

And off in the distance is a phosphate processing plant.

The Mosaic company owns 250,000 acres in this area where they dig phosphate from open pit mines:

This is about the most off pavement available if you don't like riding in deep sand:

The best I can do for a water crossing:

And if it rains for a couple of days, a normally 20 ft wide creek becomes this:

jb

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Highly exaggerated jb!
I've ridden a bit in Florida and just want to say I actually found the one curve in the state!
Looks like you're getting some miles on the new bike...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I feel your pain.. kinda like North Dakota here except here your doing good to get 6-7 months of ridding in. I miss the hills, curvy roads and trees of Wisconsin. Once you get used to all that it's a pretty nice place to live tho.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys so​ deserve a trip to Moab.
That would be a nice change, Fred, but I think my days of cross country traveling may be done.... 2,120 miles from home to Moab...one way.

I'm doubting I will make the 1,400 miles to upstate NY in the spring to ride with a small group of guys I have been riding with for 10 years.

When I am in NC during the summer, I put on quite a few miles, but it's mostly within a hundred miles of my cabin.

jb

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
You need to come over to my part of the state and you will see...........The same stuff!!! Hope we can get together this summer for some real riding.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Took my TW to Peace River campground in Arcadia and had a blast...3 nights camping by the river and riding all sand trails.
Welcome to the turkey farm!!!! Gobble gobble.

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts