TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OjP65rEDVc[/media]

My father in-law and I tackled a riding area outside of Mattawa, WA on Saturday. Locally know as "Riding Mattawa".

We were reluctant to stray too far off of the main road at first, so we followed the main road to some radio towers on top of Sentinel Mountain. The views were awesome.

We finally built up the courage to tackle some trails. The hills are steeper than they look and the whoops are deeper than the video shows. Rocks and loose sand/loam made up the terrain.

The YZ did great on the open terrain, but the TW absolutely shined when we rode down the rocky canyon. The canyon was the funnest part for me. The TW never missed a beat.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Looked like a good ride with plenty of technical riding (sand, rocks, single track). Much of that terrain looks very similar to the Hemingway Butte area we have around here.

Sand is still my nemesis though. We have a big sandy area in my local training area (BLM Land) and I hope to do some serious practicing when everything dry's out. Still a bunch of snow to melt and riding right now is like riding in mud soup, which definitely no fun, even with my tire chains.

Watching your video is really giving me the riding itch, dang it!
Also, can't wait to try out my 55T on the steep hills.

Thanks for sharing Rainman.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
"WOW"............ You guys are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more skilled than I am................... That was cool... Those handle bars were just dancing back and forth..............What brand of tires do you run??? Sand like that has me backing off and turning around.. OMM.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
some nice chunk rocks and fun sand to test your skills...See any critters?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"WOW"............ You guys are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more skilled than I am................... That was cool... Those handle bars were just dancing back and forth..............What brand of tires do you run??? Sand like that has me backing off and turning around.. OMM.

The handle bars were dancing everywhere and it took a lot of body language to keep the bike straight at times.

I am running the stock rear tire and a Maxxis Maxxcross IT in 110/100/18 on the front. Its an off road only tire and it works EXCELLENT!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Whaaa-hoooooo! That looks like fun. Are you guys doing the Fringe-Dirty and the Stumpjumpers-Desert 100 poker runs again this year? I'd love to meet and ride with some other TWers this year.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whaaa-hoooooo! That looks like fun. Are you guys doing the Fringe-Dirty and the Stumpjumpers-Desert 100 poker runs again this year? I'd love to meet and ride with some other TWers this year.

Yeah, I'll be there. My dad won't be because he is getting shoulder surgery this week. But I'm sure my father in-law (non-TW) will be there with me.

Both those rides are a lot of fun. The Fringe is close to where we just rode...just five miles or so north.

Would love to meet up with you. The more TWs the better!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Cool video! Looks like you had a lot of fun. You did very well in the sand, and it looks like your Father in law is no slouch, either. Thanks for taking us along, enjoyed it very much. I need to get out this weekend!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Nice riding Rain! And very nice video!

I still laugh my butt off every time I cross the mid creek and think of you recovering the Ace of Spades there . . . good times!

Bag

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Yeah, I'll be there. My dad won't be because he is getting shoulder surgery this week.

Aw man, tell him to get well soon. I was hoping to follow that hi-viz helmet around. Now I just hope I don't make a "What happened?" clip in one of your vids in his place!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts