TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Riding on railroad tracks: How stupid is it?

9K views 42 replies 30 participants last post by  RainWillFall 
"the RR tracks are usually clear"

Italics mine.

When playing Russian Roulette, the chamber is usually empty.

I wouldn't even try it on tracks that aren't used, as hitting rails at anything but 90 degrees (i.e. perfectly perpendicular) is one of the better ways to crash anything with 2 wheels. I think trying to get out of the tracks, or simply wandering into them, would virtually guarantee a crash.

Everything we do in life is at our own risk.

When geezers reminisce, it's not about all the fun things we never did.

Or how safely we lived.

It's better to have a scar on your arm, than a Most Obedient Citizen award on your wall.

I realize times have changed, but with the current attitudes, there'd be 300 million people still sitting on Plymouth Rock, encased in bubble wrap, waiting for the "Don't Walk" sign to turn green.

Okay, let's take a few calming breaths. Now before you jump to the conclusion that you can urinate farther than the rest of us, allow me to introduce myself. We haven't met. Lest you think this is creampuffs giving creampuff advice, I'll give you a short list of my qualifications on the matter: I have fractured my skull (and can feel the bump right now). My tongue is resting on an artificial tooth. Cracked ribs, a pneumothorax, several dislocated shoulders, the list goes on and on (I could probably do a twelve days of Christmas if I was feeling creative enough). I was once involved in an altercation and looked down afterward to find a dart sticking straight out of my kneecap. I've been hit on the head with canning jars (on more than one occasion, believe it or not), had more concussions than I can recall, and would wager I've been in more fistfights than Daniel Larusso (the original, and best Karate Kid (way better than Hillary Swank, and lightyears ahead of Will Smith's son)), despite no training in any of the so-called "martial arts." I once pointed out to the inebriated driver of the van I was in that we were about to hit a fire hydrant. Then we hit a fire hydrant. None of this was smart, and I think I know better now.

So I stick to my advice. Here's why: the original poster asked in his original post if he should ride down railroad tracks. He admits to being inexperienced. This is his "first bike." He even titled the thread "Riding on railroad tracks: How stupid is it?" The answer to that question, when asked by that person, is "very."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.