TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I live on Vancouver island and was thinking about heading over to San Juan island in the early spring on the TW for a couple nights of camping. I have never been over there and thought about checking it out. Anyone ever spend any time over there? Any good spots for riding or camping?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I live on Whidbey and have made a couple of trips to Friday Harbor. other than “downtown” Friday Harbor there isn’t much there unless you want to stay at Roche Harbor resort. There is a nice tour that will give you some of the history but one lap of the island and you’ve pretty much seen it all.

If you would continue on to Whidbey it is possible to do a hundred mile loop of the island and avoid the main thoroughfare for all but about half a mile. Nice scenic ride with small towns scattered throughout. There is a campground on the north end, Deception Pass, that has many camping spots and hiking trails.

Anyway that’s my two cents on San Juan and the area.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
i concur with flieger's assessment.

the san juans are beautiful, but all could be ridden in a short period of time. if you just want to cruise and chill on a beach, watch wildlife and decompress, they're great, but otherwise not much in the way of distance or adventure riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts